going to big wave bay

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by qvong 18 yrs ago
Heres a few options for you....

#1. From Central/Admralty MTR take blue line to Shau Kei Wan station. Exit station at "A3" , you will be at the bus terminal. Follow directions bus #9 to Shek O. (Travel time 20 min. MTR + 30 min. bus)

Two options once you get to the traffic junction of Big Wave Bay and Shek O

A. You can alight the bus at the traffic circle juncture of Big Wave Bay and Shek O and walk on Big Wave Bay Road to the beach (Aprox. 15 minutes)

B. In Shek O (where the bus will drop you off) you can hail a small mini bus to Big Wave Beach (5 minutes on bus once you get on it).

#2. You can also take the tram heading east on Des Voeux Rd in Central or Queensway in Admaralty to Sau Kei Wan. Make sure the tram reads Sau Kei Wan. (60 min tram ride) Once yo get to Sau Kei Wan take bus #9...Direction are same as previous listed.

#3. Quickest option from Central..taxi ride will cost aprox $150+ depending where you are located and takes about 30 minutes.

Hope that helps...Have fun!!!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Burgundy 18 yrs ago
On Sundays - but only on Sundays - there is a direct bus ( number 309) from Central to Shek O. Once you approach Shek O, you can follow gvong's directions above.

The bus passes through Wanchai and is then express. For details, see http://www.citybus.com.hk/eng/RouSer/RouteSearch/busroute_info.asp?route=309&routetype=D&company=7

It leaves Central hourly on Sundays (from the bus station in the basement of Exchange Square), at the following times only:

2.10pm

3.10pm

4.10pm

5.10pm

6.10pm

qvong 18 yrs ago
The bus that Burgundy is talking about I believe is #309. I didn't list it because as stated above, there are restrictions on this service. It only runs on Sundays and Public Holidays. It also doesn't start it's route until 2:10pm on those days..Runs from 2:10pm-6:10pm going to Shek O and from 3:00pm - 7:00pm from Shek O to Central.

So if you plan to get there in the mornings to catch the waves that wouldn't be your best option.

Otherwise I have given you all of the options I have taken or know of.

qvong 18 yrs ago
Ahh, you're asking a native Californian if I surf. I can get on the board, ride the wave and that's about it no fansy tricks here. But honestly cannot say I have taken a board on the waters here in Hong Kong for the 8 months that I have been here as all my gear is back home in storage. :(

Camilladenmark 9 yrs ago
I take the blue metro to Shau Kei Wan, then take the bus 9, it goes directly to Shek O.

Here is a video that shows how to get there and how amazing the beach is and its facilities

https://youtu.be/CmvxFCh0gy8?si=wJftI617r1moFS0L

Definitely worth a visit.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad