Frizzy hair

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by kagsie 18 yrs ago
Does anyone have any ideas for Hong Kong humidity frizzy hair? I feel like I have tried everything, Frizz ease, deep conditioner, hot oil etc.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
jamiekoh 18 yrs ago
I was in the dilemma until I colored my hair. At least it work for me.

D-Man 18 yrs ago
There are alot of very good products out there like the range from Fudge, Erect and D-Friz but in all honesty no product is going to give you a long term solution. depending on your hair type you may want to consider haviing a Japanese or Ion straightening done, this will give you a much more long tern solution and make the hair more managable.

kimmy 18 yrs ago
but the Japanese/Ion straightening really flattens your hair which can look horrible on chubby faces... is it possible to get it straightened without the flat look? i just want the smooth texture, not the style, if you know what i mean...

kimmy 18 yrs ago
and fyi, i tried a "soft ion" at a reputable salon a couple of yrs back (to avoid the flat look) but it was rubbish - still had to blow dry every day...

hkindian 18 yrs ago
i have really really frizzy/wavy hair, i use the l'oreal Liss extreme shampoo and mask (google it and you will get to the website which will explain how it works) really helps with the frizz, and also once every 2 weeks i use the l'oreal hair spa (i think its a salon product, but you can purchase it and use it at home) this makes my hair really really soft and smooth. I actually just started this regime and its working quite well!

D-Man 18 yrs ago
kimmy, it can be done without making the hair flat but some blowdrying in this case may be needed. It really depends on the hair. The procedures for the Ion treatment can vary so its just a matter of finding which works best for your hair. Keep in mind these are not miracle cures and having them does not mean you dont have to still make a little effort yourself when styling the hair. They just make it easier.

marypoppins 18 yrs ago
Couldn't stand it any longer so I had my hair straightened. Love it, love it love it!!

kagsie 18 yrs ago
but when the straightening treatment grows out you can see the fuzzy roots and it looks crap. I see it all over hong kong. I will try some of the products mentioned

kagsie 18 yrs ago
and Mary poppins, do you have Asian straight thick hair or western wavy hair?

lace 18 yrs ago
I did the same as marypoppins. Finally got my hair straightened 4 weeks ago. I love it. It is absolutely carefree, can leave home with wet hair in the morning and look great...

By the way d-man, thank you for putting me at ease regarding my horrific experience with a straightening disaster 3 years ago. I went to your salon to get it done by Chris. He did a fantastic job and is an absolute sweetheart on top of it. I will definitely come back for a touch up.

Taps 18 yrs ago
What about us here in Guangzhou.

I am also interested to know if anyone does threading as well.

july8 18 yrs ago
Can u do it on highlights?

where you go and how much is it?

D-Man 18 yrs ago
lace, thank you for your comments and I am very happy that it worked out for you and that we will be seeing you again. Your right about Chris, a real sweetheart.

july8, it can be done on colored hair but more care needs to be taken. prices vary as does the quality.

kagsie, of course it grows out just the same as color does and everything else. there is no 'perminent' cure but at least it makes life easier for a while and you can always re-do the roots.

marypoppins 18 yrs ago
kagsie,

I have very curly more to the piont, frizzy hair so when I have it straightened I time it around mid May so by the time winter comes around it is totally managable. I had about 3 weeks where I really couldn't stand it so it was in a ponytail for that time until I had it done. I did have my fringe done around Jan just to get me through.

calla 18 yrs ago
I hate the artificial flat hair look!

will try the L'oreal extreme shampoo mentioned earlier....

I heard there is a treatment hair dye formula somewhere actually- where your hair condition actually improves with hair dye... anyone know about this?

claremci 18 yrs ago
I've a question as I'm thinking about getting the straightening done as hair doesn't like humidity. My hair is wavy - but can you add some curls by heat afterwards as I like to put a soft curl in the ends when 'going out'?

marypoppins 18 yrs ago
Yes most definately, when I had mine straightened the hairdresser actually did it so it slightly turns under. A friend of mine has her hair flicking out, so it doesn't have to be dead straight.Make sure you discuss all this first with your hairdresser before they start.

hkindian 18 yrs ago
the l'oreal Liss xtreme shampoo, its a purple bottle, the conditioner is in a tub form, you can get it in those local hair supply shops, but ive also seen it in certain Bonjours - the one in causewaybay

I used to get my hair straightened every year, but this year decided to grow it out, i've got really frizzy wavy/curly hair. the shampoo seems to work, but i also use a frizz ease product when my hair is wet a stay in conditioner or something.

Tbocao 18 yrs ago
D-Man, I've got short hair - can I still have a Japanese/Ion Straightening? Is there a minimum hair length for this procedure?

D-Man 18 yrs ago
Tbocao, yes you can still have it done with short hair. As long as you have abbout 4-6 inches of length.

D-Man 18 yrs ago
Douglas,,,, nice to see another professional giving advice here although i have to disagree with much of your Blog. I have worked in humidity for 18 years or my 24 year hairdressing career and the treatments you outline are just not enough to do the job. I agree they help but its just not enough. Also i wonder if you have ever come accross an ozone machine, this gives even better penetration than an old fashioned steamer. Ion straight or 3+1 treatments do mcuh better to treat frizzy hair combined with some of the methods you mentioned.

I am enjoying reading your Blog and think its a great idea and you have some great opinions. I look forward to more of it.

rtoyen 18 yrs ago
I use a combination of Frizz Ease hair Serum (have to use it when hair is soaking wet, before towel drying) and Aveda Be Curly after towel drying. Works for my hair: Curly and thick.

Aley 18 yrs ago
The only thing that helped for me was having it straightened. It made life soo much easier.

If you need more information, i.e. who did it please let me know.

Good luck.

Aley

Girl 18 yrs ago
I've been in HK for about 3 & half years, and the BEST thing I've found is a simple oil from the Body Shop.

As long as you maintain a healthy head of hair without significant damage, the Grapeseed Oil product is excellent.

I use it after I've washed my hair. A little on my towel dried hair, and then post hair dryer.

You need to ensure an even coverage - and it NOURISHES the hair strands.

It's especially helpful to protect the strands when I want to use my irons.

Not greasy,and most importantly, light on the hair.

I have long mediterranean hair which frizzes up like nobodies business - but after trying every product I could find, spending a fortune at the salon, this is the best so far.

Even my hairdresser comments on the result!

Hope it works for you.

joga 18 yrs ago
After years of waging war on my frizz/curls I got a great curl enhancing cut, put aveda be curly in everymorning and let it air dry without brushing it. Best of all my hair is much more shiny and in better condition than it was when I was fighting it. Embrace your curls!

Girl 18 yrs ago
Douglas, Thanks for the tip! I never thought about almond oil for hair - I'll have a look about.

cheers :)

Scissors 18 yrs ago
i've seen almond oil in Wellcome. It's also great for nails and was told to rub a bit into each nail to strengthen

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad