Cloth Diapers

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by bw 18 yrs ago
I went through some old threads on the subject. Just wanted to know if there's anyone who's tried out bumwear diapers from singapore ? Any comments ?

http://www.bumwear.com/shopping/clothdiaper/bumwearcd.html

They look really cute and one size for newborn to toddler sounds really attractive !

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
doubibou 18 yrs ago
hello

I had bought more out of curiosity actually but never used it since I found it was very very similar to another one I had (pocket, one-size..).

but the quality looks good and I know some other moms were satisfied with it so should be ok.

Just one thing.. for night time it may be a good idea to prefer plain colours pockets than the printed ones (better for daytime use) ..

and even though it is a 'one-size', according to the build of your baby, it may not fit until potty training..

if you are interested, there are however now also some cloth diapering shops over here as well!

Nappypooh 18 yrs ago
Hi,

I've tried it too, but my baby "outgrew" it at 6 months or so... Actually, maybe I should try them again as she was having very chubby legs and now that she's walking, it's better... Should take them out to see. But to tell the truth, I didn't like the waterproof material she uses, not by far my favorite pocket diapers.

doubibou 18 yrs ago
By the way BW, if you were looking into an one-size-diaper, we are selling the Fluffles from Totsbots which can be used from birth to toddler or about 8/10 to 35 lbs, so not for skinny newborns (there is otherwise the small size from 5 lbs to 18 lbs)

you can check there http://doubibou.com/catalog/index.php

how old is your baby?

Hello nappypooh:)

jillian99 18 yrs ago
We love our Bumwears !! We used it on my first son until he was 20 months and they're now being used by his younger brother.

I didn't buy a lot to start with. But when I saw how well they worked, I bought more. New colours keep coming up and I can't seem to resist them :-)

Works much better for us than some other well known brands from the States.

tsuiwah 18 yrs ago
We are using bumwear and so far we've very happy with the quality. Never had a leakage problem. Plus like you said they are simply too cute to resist.

Nappypooh 18 yrs ago
Hi doubibou ;)

For my part, I don't sell any one-size because none worked out for me. And I always try the things I sell so...

But well, having plenty testimonies is the best way as all the babies have a different built.

Like Jillian99 says, it is advisable to try out with one diaper before buying several to be on the safe side.

hemashah 18 yrs ago
Hi,

I am looking for cloth diaper in HongKong. Which acts as a training pants. Can anyone tell me where to find those.

Thanks.

geiboyi 18 yrs ago
I think NappyPooh.com has some.

crj 18 yrs ago
http://www.doubibou.com/ - bright bots training pants.

And Doubibou is about to have a cloth nappy workshop this weekend I think - so contact them today to find out more and I am sure Sophie can tell you all you need to know about cloth training pants.

I think I also saw some at Eugene Club in ShaTin, but not sure which brand or if they were really training pants of not.

doubibou 18 yrs ago
that's correct.

but actually it also depends what are you looking for exactly..

a training pant holding as much as a nappy (which is the case for disposables ones).. or a training pant being closer to an underpant and only holding little accidents..

in anycase, you are naturally welcome to join our workshop tomorrow and you could then see the different ones I'm referring to..

Nappypooh 18 yrs ago
Hi,

Doubibou is correct, we don't carry exactly the same things, and don't think it is not on purpose ;-)

The one I carry are like diapers pull-up, and would hold any and any kind of messes. They are pocket so you can also adjust the absorbency.

Immediatly available are the butter color, but if you are willing to wait for 10-15 days or so, I can have any color you'd like. ;-)

hemashah 18 yrs ago
Hi,

When is the workshop? Have I already missed one?

hemashah 18 yrs ago
I am actually looking for Pull-up DIapers and Trainers Pants but not disposable. Which can hold one accident. So that child realizes she has done v. My daughter does not like to lie down and wear diaper.

Which one would be the best?

doubibou 18 yrs ago
Hi Hemashah

yes you have missed the workshop:) (was last Saturday).. and next one will only be early November..

doubibou 18 yrs ago
Hemashah

if you use cloth nappies, you'll see that they are much easier to put on with toddler up than disposable ones! my DD doesn't want to lay down either.. only for the night nappy!

Then for a training pant for small accidents, you can check the link given by crj:

http://www.doubibou.com/diapers/trainingpants.html

It has nothing to do with a diaper but more to an underwear pant, holding a little until the child realizes he/she needs to do something more!

Nappypooh 18 yrs ago
hemashah,

Well, it depends at which stage of potty training you are in:

- is she already able to tell you when she wants to bowel or pee?

- when she has an accident, is she able to stop and tell you, so you can rush to the potty?

- is she able to go to the potty by herself. The pant being only a backup if the potty is too far away?

If the answer is "Not yet", that means that you are in the beginning of the training and you need a diaper that can be pull up and down for easy potty training.

Details on the pull-up diapers I carry are here:

http://www.nappypooh.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=26&Itemid=14

HTH

Nappypooh 18 yrs ago
I just want to give a little update on the initial subject: the bumwears.

I took them out again, and she can wear them back.

I still have the leaks problem, but then I saw that my model was one of her last collection and she write on her website: "The following diapers are made of 100% cotton. They're great for daytime use.Note that unlike the diapers shown above, these may NOT last through the night if your child is a heavy wetter."

So my comment may not be true for her new design.

Happy cloth diapering ;-)

MdmButterfly 18 yrs ago
Another great website selling cloth diapers is www.littlewonders.com.tw

They also have reusable swimming diapers which come in all sorts of cute designs. My daughter has been using them since the summer and she absolutely loves it.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad