hair dye

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by fukiku 18 yrs ago
I've had 2 visits to 2 different salons last week and had dyed and re dyed my hair. I was not satisffied with the color and the outcome which made me feel depressed. It's now been 4 days and I feel like I wan't the blonde hightlights to have it re dyed. Is this going to damage my hair if I do it so soon> How long do I have to wait?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
ValeGirl 18 yrs ago
It might be worth trying to get your hair in a reasonable condition before dyeing again. I have a terrible experience recently. I hated the blonde colour that the salon did, and they did it again. They fried my hair with all the bleach. I then put another two colours on myself as I hated the colour that the salon did, so much. So I had in total 4 colours in 5 days. The colour now is great (dark brown), but my hair is so dry and brittle. For the past 6 weeks I have been putting on intense hair masks after washing and leaving my hair to dry naturally. Waston's do a great avocodo hair mask which has finally got my hair back into condition, but I think the only way it will get back to normal, is if I had it all cut off and start again! Every time I go to a salon here for blonde hairlights - I get my hopes up and I always end up hating my hair. I'm staying brown whilst I'm here, it just isn't worth the hassle or the money.

Claire 18 yrs ago
Step 1: Find a top-notch colour technician for your type of hair. He/she will advise you of the best next step.

JASMINEBS 18 yrs ago
HAIR IS SUCH A THING THAT YOU SHOULD NOT PLAY WITH IT OFTEN. I KNOW A PLACE IN T.S.T. WHERE THEY DO GOOD HAIR COLOURING AND IT COSTS ONLY HK$ 160/-. THEY HAVE LOVELY OIL TREATMENTS FOR DRY HAIR - ONE IS INDIAN OIL TREATMENT AND THE OTHER ONE IS FROM U.K. OIL TREATMENT. YOU CAN GO THERE AND TRY. THE NO. IS 35800447

Claire 18 yrs ago
Canis> Understand your desperation but wait for professional advice. Similar problems happened to a couple of friends, both tried the home dye packs. One went ashen grey (she looked seriously ill) and the other ended up with 6" green tips!

Claire 18 yrs ago
Douglas> this happened in the UK a few years back. Just wanted to let Canis know it's not always a good idea to rush to the supermarket/chemist for a 'cure' because things can go from bad to worse. I've had a few hair disasters over the years and figure a bad cut is just a bad cut, but a bad colour... ouch! Paying for an expert colourist is not what I call a 'luxury'.

Claire 18 yrs ago
Douglas> These things happened, in my case, when I was much younger - these days I won't take so much cr@p. I feel a bad cut can be recified without damaging the hair, a bad chemical job can be a damaging disaster. From the sound of it you must have seen some horrors over the years.

You're right about people defining their self worth by their hair - my hair costs are always part of my monthly budget, it is the one thing I won't scrimp on. Which is why I don't understand people (ok usually us women) who just want the cheapest/most convenient hairstylist. To me is about building a relationship. I've had the same hairstylist and colourist for years. Both are excellent and both know me very well. And a visit to the salon is like visiting a friend - not a Trauma dept!

canadiangirl 18 yrs ago
Douglas,

I just checked out your site. Very informative. Its nice to know that they are people like you in HK..its frustrating for me cause I spent so long looking and only 5 years later am I finding where the good people/places are!

Blondie 18 yrs ago
I wish I had read this sight first before I had my hair done. I asked for highlights last week and ended up with an all over bleached orange effect. Went back a few days later to ask for a natural colour over it just to see me through as I was not feeling good about venturing out in puplic at this stage. Next They bleaced it even further, while feeling rather stressed by this stage the reasured me that they were putting a darker colour over next. Well, they didnt. It now looks a more yellower bleached blonds. Not only that but I have just looked at my visa statement and they charded me 750 for first visit, and the second visit (to fix the stuff up) was meant to be $900 (stupidly paid it) but instead my visa tells me they charged $1500. All in all a very expensive excersize. Going in now to ask for my money back (wish me luck) and found a hairdresser in central who is fixing it tomorrow

juji 18 yrs ago
Hello douglas,

I've just arrived in HK and desperately need someone fantastic to look after my blonde tresses. Where are you based? Can you recommend someone who is based centrally?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad