Watch out on classified post!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by TC 18 yrs ago
Caveat Emptor!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Nat_76 18 yrs ago
I knew a woman who was selling her broken split unit air conditioner due to relocation to another country. The price was rather high also. And she succeeded to sell it! I asked her if she had fixed the aircon before selling. She looked at me, surprised, and said:” But why should I? I’ll never see the buyer ever again in my life.”

tsuiwah 18 yrs ago
It is always buyer beware on the classifieds.

I bought a used stroller from a departing expat and it turned out to be crap. I took her word on how old it was (be careful when they forget) and the quality (all too subjective). Not sure if the lady just forgot about the defect or if knew she was dumping it. At this point, I will just give the stroller away because I would be too embarassed to ask anything for it.

talllatte 18 yrs ago
I bought a car from the trading post. Service history was immaculate, lady owner, very low KM`s which all added up for a 3 yr old car. Cam belt broke about 3 weeks later whilst driving along the highway, engine beyond repair.

It`s extremely annoying but sometimes these things happen. In the end we found a doner car and removed the engine. Still cost close to $15k and almost 1 month of time.

C 18 yrs ago
I dunno the price you paid, but if you factor in the cost for repairs, is it still a good deal?

hongkonger 18 yrs ago
Crystal sells copy DVDs claiming that they are originals. When I told her I suspected they were copies she said that she had watched them and that the movies (children's DVD's) were of a good quality. She seemed embarassed, I felt bad for doubting her. Both of the movies I bought from her were abismal and totally unwatchable. Despite the visual being disastrous, the foggy audio wasn't even in English, or more accurately it alternated b/w English and occasional bits of russian(?) The money loss was minimal and totally inconsequential but I could not believe that, someone who seemed nice, would spout such lies and lose her dignity over a measly few $. And i wasn't only the one who was left feeling disappointed - my little boy didn't get to see his movie.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad