Engagement ring. Which Finger?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Red Setter 18 yrs ago
Hi

Silly question, but there are two different answers on google... which finger does one wear an engagement ring? 1). Left hand, third in from thumb? 2). Left hand, fourth in from thumb?

No idea what a pinky finger or ring finger is, so just providing the finger number will be great.

TIA

Red Setter

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
conordec 18 yrs ago
a pinky is the little finger.

i always thought engagement ring went on the finger next to the pinky (smallest finger) on the left?

qwerty123 18 yrs ago
concordec you are correct - left hand and the finger next to the small one !

Claire 18 yrs ago
Hold out your left hand.

Furthest right: thumb

Next: Index finger (the one you point with)

Next: Middle finger (the one you give the...)

Next: Ring finger (the one for lovely big rocks)

Next: Little finger or pinky

cd 18 yrs ago
Left hand, 3rd finger (next to little finger) in England, but I think some countries wear it on the right hand but same finger.

Donnialda 18 yrs ago
Yes, CD, a Canadian co-worker of mine just propose to a Hong Kong gal. He put the ring on her 'ring' finger and was mortified when she took it off! He came out of coma when she put it on her 'middle' finger, which is the wedding ring finger in this country she said.

By the way, KSE4 that was a stupid, non helpful, overly sarcastic, unnecessary response. This is supposed to be a helpful website.

cd 18 yrs ago
I've got a feeling in Germany they wear the wedding ring on the ring finger of the right hand, are there any Germans who could clarify?

Donnialda 18 yrs ago
Worded like you did above clarifies. But stated as you originally did warranted criticism.

ceeh 18 yrs ago
cd, yes where my parents come from the wedding and engagement ring is sometimes worn on the right hand, ring fnger (next to little finger). Slav countries, Russia and sometimes Macedonia and Greece.

Taps 18 yrs ago
Where I'm originally from, right, next to the pinky, the bigger rock the better to flaunt.

Pinky ring, worn when I'm feeling fabulous, a tiny Tiffany perhaps.

In Japan, engagement ring are meant at least three months salary of the "poor" guy.

mid-levels 18 yrs ago
in Germany your are wearing the wedding ring on your right hand ring finger.

beachball 18 yrs ago
The whole "Engagement ring should always be min X months salary." is an abomination. Clever and extremely successful marketing ploy by the jewelry/diamond industry, but not based on any real rationale or tradition.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad