Moving Charge - Am I being ripped off?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Jaslineh 18 yrs ago
My relocation company is revising their quotes after picking up my items, ready to be ship to HK from Singapore today. They previously quoted me US$1,400 for 5 cubic metres without coming onsite now after picking up my items they claim that it is about 10 cubic metres and wants to carge me at US$2,400 (door to door) without insurance. I feel that I'm being ripped off , what should I do now?

Appreciate any quick advice, thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
crj 18 yrs ago
It is not unusual for a fee to change once they ascertain the exact volume of a shipment.

Also, I would suggest getting insurance in case your shipment is damaged.

Good luck with your move.

dannyboy77 18 yrs ago
Sound reasonable to me. If you made a mistake in calculating the volume this isn't their fault. Always better to get someone in as they will guarantee the volume within a 10% margin of error.

Lucky they didn't just double the price.

tggb 18 yrs ago
Seems fair, moving companies always charge based on the actual size of the shipment and it's always best to have them visit your home first for an estimate.

noudlesoup 18 yrs ago
Hi dear, could anyone help me - I'm looking at moving 16m3 of regular household items from France to HK. door to door service, I will do the most packing. By sea of course! What kind of cost we are talking about? thanks for the info.

Noudlesoup.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad