Any comments on Dr Pang?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by xox 18 yrs ago
We're in the process of choosing a paediatrician for our baby due in a few weeks.

Dr Pang has been recommended to us by my ob/gyn. Any comments or other recommendations?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
xox 18 yrs ago
Thanks for the insight waffle hk & crystal. I really appreciate honesty. It's important to get the right doctor, especially where newborns are concerned.

Who do you recommend and use?

Janey88 18 yrs ago
waffle hk & crystal: can you pm me your comments too. Would also like to know who you recommend. Thanks.

zeta 18 yrs ago
waffle hk & crystal, appreciate it if you could pm me your comments on Dr. Pang too. We are also looking for a doctor and he has been recommended. Thanks.

RA 18 yrs ago
I have had a very different experience with Dr Pang. Initially I was taking my daughter to Dannie Ting. But after the birth of my second kid , I changed over to Dr Pang. Dannie Ting is very sweet but she prescribes antibiotics for everything.On the other hand I wanted to try Thondup, but have heard that he is on the other extreme and does not prescribe antibiotics at all.I have heard stories of how small kids have had to suffer ear pain during an infection and instead of prescribing antibiotics, Thondup preferred it to heal the 'natural Way'. I somehow cannot see my kids screaming in pain. Dr Pang I found was quite balanced, and would give antibiotics, only when necessary. Also in the past I have called him at weird hours too.

MC 18 yrs ago
I agree with RA 100%. My daughter acutally sees Dr. Leo Chan. However, we see Dr. Pang as well when Dr. Chan is too busy or is away. They used to work together so they cover each others patience andn their manners and methods are very similar.

Personally I think experience is the most important. Both Dr. Pang and Dr. Chan are very experienced.

Dannie Ting gives antibiotics and steriods freely. Saw her once, would never go back.

Thondup is friendly so many people like him. A neighbour of mine had a son who had developmental problems and was seeing Thondup since birth. Up till the boy turned 3, he insisted that nothing was wrong with the boy. They finally got a 2nd opinion and thank God and boy is getting help. It is actually a pretty obvious case. Thondup loves to tell you how lovely your child is. Sure we all love to hear it, but it is not important. Experience!!!!

s1 18 yrs ago
we just went to dr pang today the first time as i find dr leo chan a bit too cool. we have been seeing leo chan since birth, my baby is 8.5 mths old now. i took him to dr pang today for a checkup. anyway dr pang seems to be friendlier but i think leo chan seems to be more thorough. However Leo Chan is often rude and unfriendly. We will not go to Leo Chan anymore as he does not seem to like my baby and treats him like an object. We will reconsider Dr Pang. In terms of greed, most doctors in hk are like that apart from my ob/gyn. I have also tried yvonne ou, but my husband and i both didn't like her.

Sue 18 yrs ago
I have been going to Dr Pang since my daughter was born 13 months ago. I find him very calm and reassuring. I can see why he could be thought of as patronising and yes he has laughed sometimes at my worries. But he knows his stuff and I have paged him on a bank holiday and he was very helpful. I suggest you try him and see for yourself? I have never felt rushed and he plays and chats with my daughter.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad