Short haired pedigree cat

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Eddison 18 yrs ago
Any recommendations for purchasing a cat in HK?

Thanks,

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
crj 18 yrs ago
Check out the SPCA first - you will be amazed at the amount and QUALITY of animals there.

There is also HK Alley Cats, very sweet and loving cats, but rarely pedigree. http://www.hkalleycats.com/

They have a 'foster' programme too - so you can always have one of these while you are looking for your perfect pedigree. You might even reconsider the 'pedigree' idea!

winterthur 18 yrs ago
Being the owner of two stray cats, I must admit that I never regretted that I saved them from the street. Stray cats have not only a gentle and cheerful character but they are also a lot healthier than these overbred "designer" cats.

Beside SPCA and HK Alley cats, there is the Ding Dong Foundation (ddf_cat@yahoo.com.hk or call Athena 9097-3803). It is an absolute lovely cat home with lots of wonderful cats.

Why don't you give a rescued cat a chance?

Cheers,

Catherine

Eddison 18 yrs ago
Thanks to all for the advice, I had to leave my 2 cats in home country, when we moved to HK. Did not think they would take to apartment living, having always gone outside. I don't mind a rescue cat & have alraedy started looking, problem is you don't know whether they have already demolished someone else's home, before ending up in a cat home! My partner is very touchy on this subject....

crj 18 yrs ago
That's great you are considering a rescue/spca cat.

You can always 'foster care' one first to see if you all get along. Also, there are kittens too who never had a previous.

Good luck, you are going to make one little kitty very happy :)

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad