Child rubbing/touching face alot

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by hkmama1 18 yrs ago
MY 6 year old son has a habit of rubbing and touching his face a lot. Sometimes he rubs his eyes...Anyone got any advice why he might be doing this? ...Im wondering 'habit'. He says its itchy but i find this hard to believe as his face is well moisturised.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Claire 18 yrs ago
He could a number of things, e.g. atopic dermatitis, allergy (even to the moisturiser).

The same problem happened to a friend's child when he reached four. The boy would wake up with scratches and red, weepy eyes. I asked her what had changed in his environment. Turned out she had bought him a new duvet. She changed back to the old one and within a day he was fine.

You might want to take him to the doctor as it sounds as if something is irritating him. Double check his environment too because the doctor will probably ask.

hkmama1 18 yrs ago
ok thanks. will do that.

hkmama1 18 yrs ago
but my son doesnt have red eyes or any marks on his skin just likes to rub it, he could be playing with his toys and every so often he might rub his face and sometimes use his arm to do it.

hkmama1 18 yrs ago
i was planning to take him to my GP yesterday, but he had stopped with the itching and rubbing yesterday, well it had lessened, so i didnt take him. hmmmmm, im lost what to do....

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad