which playgroups works?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by ellie55 18 yrs ago
where are you sending your 8 months to a year babies to playgroups in hk?still already to enroll him into something.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
s1 18 yrs ago
my baby goes to panda junction and baby buddies on a weekly basis. we have tried kindermusik, kindyroo and little dynamites. kindermusik - my friend and i were both so disappointed as our babies basically did nothing. kindyroo is quite good but just a bit far for me. little dynamites is hopeless and very inconvenient location.

crj 18 yrs ago
While we haven't done anything yet, one thing to consider is the commute.

A class/playgroup might be great, but if you have to travel 30 minutes in each direction for a one hour session it is 50% travel and 50% playgroup.

Does your building or area have a playroom or playground?

Is there something nearby?

I think proximity is really important, but it could just be my personal issue!

@@ 18 yrs ago
Have a look at the HKPPA website, they have playgroups across Hong Kong. Lovely informal sessions where the children can join in painting, water play and a little bit of singing towards the end. I'm not sure what age they can start, perhaps 10 months?? They also offer helper sessions.

s1 18 yrs ago
baby buddies is also called letterland. www.letter-land.com

crj is very correct in terms of proximity. my baby normally sleeps in the car on the way to most playgroups as we don't have anything too close to our place. if you drive you must also find somewhere with good parking. i also don't like going down escalators so travelling on the mtr with my little one is also a hassel too.

where abouts are you expat123?

squiggles 18 yrs ago
my son has also been to baby buddies on a trial and he enjoyed it so much that we've enrolled him starting next month (he's 10 months). he goes with my helper as I work.

other places which he goes to with his 'friends' are the happy valley indoor playground (mats and soft stuff but not great toys), rumpus rooms (expensive now but good toys and they have a little sing song at the end of afternoon sessions), st john's cathedral afternoon playgroup on a tuesday (playing and singing). he will probably start at the union church hall playgroup shortly but you have to be about 10 months for that.

kar 18 yrs ago
My kids enjoyed Kindermusik, PPA Borrett Rd, and Panda Junction. We weren't so keen on Gymberoo.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad