internet dilemma

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by yaco55 18 yrs ago

I have been an AFL international subscriber ( Australian Football ) for 18 mths but have had immense difficulties in receiving audio and video streaming for the last 2 months.

I have sent numerous emails and made many phone calls to the website in Australia without any success. I have changed things like block up popper, cookies,spyware, changed internet browsers etc, without achieving long term success.

I got a HK technician to get it briefly working by changing to a Mozilla Firefox browser.

I was previously using an IE browser.

Could someone who is an AFL subscriber or has technical knowledge give me a few tips.

I am happy to pay for the services of a Computer/IT technician.

Peter

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
TC 18 yrs ago
I've never had any success with that since I started trying about 4 years ago. Thought maybe it just wasn't possible so I didn't pursue it. Maybe it is. I'll watch other responses with interest.

yaco55 18 yrs ago

I had it working beautifully in Mainland China and Hong Kong until 2 mths ago.

You need Broadband, Windows Media Player 8 and Flash.

The most frustrating thing about my predicament is that I can video or audio stream from any other website except for the one I pay a subscription for,

turquoiseblue 18 yrs ago
u can get afl on the australian network channel...maybe not live?

TC 18 yrs ago
The AFL & NRL grand finals are both being shown LIVE. The other finals are shown with a short (30-60 mins) delay.

yaco55 18 yrs ago

You are not being helpful by suggesting that I can watch the games ' Live on TV '. I obviously have Cable TV as do most expatriates.

I am asking a technical question about my PC not receiving audio or video streaming from the AFL website, although I am an International Subscriber.

I am hoping that an expatriate has detailed technical knowledge in the IT area or can recommend a Technician.

Thames 18 yrs ago
Maybe you need to put your technical question on Tech Talk to avoid receiving well-meant but maybe not technical enough advice from those here on Practical.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad