Flying to Vietnam

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by HiHo 18 yrs ago
I'm thinking of flying to Hanoi for Chinese New Year. Does $4750 HK sound about right to people? It doesn't seem that cheap for such a short, direct flight.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Meiguoren 18 yrs ago
I think I just got a flyer from a travel agent for a 6 day 5 night package inluding Hanoi and Siem Reap starting at that price. But leaving from Guangzhou. You'd better check prices. Look on http://www.zuji.com as well

TC 18 yrs ago
But generally you don't get the cheap fares to VN that you can often get for other places - yet.

DakLak2 18 yrs ago
THE CHEAPEST way to fly to Ha Noi is to take the ferry to MaCau!

Then you climb on board a Tiger Airways flight to Singapore and change to a Tiger flight to Ha Noi.

The wonders of discount travel.

DON'T FORGET TO GET YOUR VN VISA **BEFORE** DEPARTURE - no visa on arrival.

thl 18 yrs ago
If poss, avoid VN airlines. Urgh. Board it only if you have to, eg for domestic flights.

I don't work for any airlines.. just speaking from personal experience.

Have fun! Hanoi's lovely... can't say the same for HCMC tho. But it could just be me :)

ldldjr 18 yrs ago
Service on domestic flights on VN airlines have beat domestic service on the US carriers that I have flown in recent times in the US. (Not a difficult feat these days!) I find the service on VN Airlines to be fine. Their scheduling leaves a bit to be desired, but the planes are clean, the staff are friendly, and I have no complaints.

weh 18 yrs ago
Vietnam air is great - if expensive. We ranked service, atmosphere and plane condition as good as we have experienced in 8 years in Asia. However, they can be expensive and I would recommend investigating the Macau link as advised above.

Meiguoren 18 yrs ago
We just flew VN airlines to Ho Chi Minh City. As we were landing, my daughter started exclaiming that the plane was falling apart. You could see sunlight glimmering through where the emergency exit door was (in the middle of the plane). I told her no way, surely not! But as we left the plane, sure enough, it was sunlight, the hatch was not closed tightly. When we went back to the airport for our 10 AM return flight, we were told our flight had been delayed until 3 PM. It had been combined with a China Southern flight.

TC 18 yrs ago
Re the standard of Vietnam Airlines I would happily fly with them internationally any time. It's the ground services that leave a bit to be desired. the first time I ever flew VN there was smoke coming out under the door to the flight deck, and then when the door opened (for one of the crew to visit the loo) it was clear they were smoking up front! Apart from that the service has always been great.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad