Oil Painting from Photo

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Megshk69 18 yrs ago
Can anyone tell me where I could get a painting done? I would like to have it copied from a photo. POssibly an oil painting. It's for an anniversary gift. Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Goloh 18 yrs ago
I can tell you but you need to make an adventure of it. Just north of Shenzhen there is an (easily accessible) art colony called Dafen (you can Google it) where there are literally hundreds of outlets in many buildings offering this service. The quality can be amazingly good and the prices quite cheap. Taxi brings you there for RMB60, or the 106 bus from Lo Wu for about RMB 2 or 3. Of course it means two trips but it is really a pleasant way to spend a day.

qwerty123 18 yrs ago
i have had some photos copied (pictures of dogs) by a guy in sai kung - and they came out very well - can send you a pic if you like...his details are Dot gallery - the guys name is Roman - he speaks v good english too. Tel: 2791-1801 prices are very good too!

ozcalgal 18 yrs ago
Try Po Shu Frame in Queends Road East (opposite the wet market), he is excellent and not expensive.

Dbob 18 yrs ago
Try Stanley. I just had a photo done for my wife and it was brillant! I actually gave the artist 3 diffrent photos of three diffrent things and said to use his imagination to put something together. It turned out really good. He is at Stanley Market. Go to Stanley Market, take a left when you go inside, take the second left (close to the end) and then another left and it will be the third shop on the right.

Good Luck.

Cruiser 18 yrs ago
In Dafen there is a brilliant artist who will do watercolours, charcaol, oils. He's at the beginning of the air-conditioned arcade on the right as you walk into the Artist village. I think the price was about RMB$400 and you can send him a photo via email.

dbrongie 18 yrs ago
In Stanley there is a wonderful painter that is in a back alley from the main walk way across it's across from the pizza place. I think it's the same one that dbob may have mentioned. His work is amazing.

asurunique 18 yrs ago
Hi, we could turn your photos, pictures or even ideas into paintings, we are a group of artists who have been providing the service for about 4 years, please email us: asurunique@yahoo.fr

qwerty123 18 yrs ago
hi a friend had another pic done by dot gallery in sai kung - came out very well - if you woudlike to see the pics let me kow and i can emial them to you. very very good prices - picture of 2 dogs is 800 HK and one dog is 400...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad