bitchie female colleague

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by lyricstreet 18 yrs ago
I am a new comer and have been working for the company for almost 2 weeks. This girl that I work with is a local hongkonger who studied a year in america and came back here in HK to work.

To give a brief background about me, I am an asian nationality from a third world country with an excellent 10 year of experience in sales & marketing. I managed to land a job here in HK right after I graduated from beijing mandarin school with certificate in Putonghua.

This girl was very friendly at the beginning shockingly turned out bitchy to me afterwards. She would butt in whenever I raised questionsboss during our meetings & trainings.( totally contradict me ) She would never chat with me in a friendly way and totally ignore me as if I don't exist.

I remember she once told me that I am so luckier than because I was offered the higher job title/role compared to her. How am I going to deal with this person? Should I just ignore her or confront her? Or list down all the events and time and talk to my boss, and tell him the cause & effects?

Plus the female in the office are so pretentious and "plastic"---not true & genuine. Is this really a common thing here in Hong KOng...where people need to be thick faced and metal back in order to succeed. Most of my ex work collegaues & current ones are not so nice to me.

Is it because of my nationality that I always have to prove to them that I can do the job?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
bimmerboy 18 yrs ago
So sorry to hear that you have to deal with those stupid people at work. I can feel your pain....If I were you I would talk to the Boss and then look for another job, I wouldn't let myself work in such toxic environment, good luck!

June8 18 yrs ago
lyricstreet,

I understood each of your word. We are in the same boat although I'm working in China. I have the same bitchie female colleague who is there always a pain in my a** (always telling lie and look for whatever news to shoot on me to the Head Office in EU) with a bunch of other pretentious and "plastic" office girls who try their best to avoid being separated from their local club by just being a bit honest with their opinion.

Was shock at the beginning, reported to Boss (no action taken as she had her own stories), even thought of looking for other job, etc. But now, guess what, I am happy working with her finding me stronger and even manage to make nice jokes and conversations with her to drawn attention from other colleagues when she tried to ignore my presence. At the end, she is left being isolated and is trying hard to get involved. Monkey stays monkey, such people will never change, but we just have to work with them, not to live and make friend with them. In any organization you will find at least one like that. There's nothing to do with your nationality, it's jelousy in high level which some people have it in their blood, they can't stand the fact that you're more clever, more beautiful, more successful, etc. than them. They can't sleep until they find a way to make your life a hell. But knowing that they're suffering themselves by such jelousy, you can easily go on with your own life. Don't let such people control your life, your emotion, your feelings. You control theirs and sure you will see they are more and more suffering...

DakLak2 18 yrs ago
Likely the 'plastic' women is envious of your abilities.

Remember the old Chinese proverb: "When you point a finger at someone; remember that three fingers are pointing back at you."

If you understand her ways, you can rest assured that most others in your office do as well.

You should thank her for her comments, and then add you are happy that she is not doing it to others whilst she does to you.

Ladybird101 18 yrs ago
I honestly think that there is always "the one" in every work place that you just can't get on with. Often people give you trouble because they are jealous of your looks, qualifications etc. I used to get really worked up about stuff like that and I used to let it get to me so much so that I have stuffed up a couple of really good jobs just because I thought I was too upset to bother with the particular person. Now, however, I realise (as you should too), that I am not the one with the problem, and it is infact the other person that has an issue. I just get over it, smile and put up with it, and am nice - that way I am not the one in the wrong, I maintain confidence and I don't lose dignity. Try it - just remember you are not the jealous one with the problem and hold your head high.

lyricstreet 18 yrs ago
First, Thanks to all. I now realize that it has something to do with jealousy, envy and maybe she thinks I am a threat to her. I started ignoring her and would focus on doing my job. She still is a bitch but I hope she will get tired of giving me a hard time.

rush 18 yrs ago
Yes I agree with each one's response. I too faced similar issues. Mine was a power struggle. My assistant expected me to listen to her just because she was in the organization for many years and I was new. Many times even boss listened to her as she threatened to leave job together with other colleagues. My boss preferred to leave the things unsettled. I continued to work and proved my credibility. Eventually she wanted to be friends with me.

rush 18 yrs ago
A dominating one ! Is'nt it ?

lulu 18 yrs ago
well bitchy colleague is nothing, bitchy boss is even worst. I have to get over it. I am taking a break and she seems calmer now...

Meems 18 yrs ago
They are just jealous, take it as a compliment. Plus they are the ones with time to play these pathetic games. Ignore them, just do well in your job and shine twice as bright!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad