Gynecologist

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by rachelb 18 yrs ago
Anyone can recommend a good gynecologist, one who speaks good English and is on HK Island. Preferably a female doctor. I would appreciate if I can have the address and phone number.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
hongkongdebbie 18 yrs ago
Dr. Sally Ferguson in Wan Chai is very good. She is from UK. Her telephone number is 2824-9112.

hkchoichoi 18 yrs ago
do a search for doctors on the pregnancy and fertility page - MANY recommendations on there - Lucy Lord, Sally Ferguson, Cora Ng

rachelb 18 yrs ago
Anyone heard & used Stephanie Chow or Dr Ghosh? Please advice.

dbrongie 18 yrs ago
I just went to Dr. Ghosh recently and he was truly informative, detailed and a warm gentleman. I would highly recommend him.

rachelb 18 yrs ago
What are his charges like? Where is his clinic?Does he insist on a csec? Some docs do! I really want to have a normal delivery. Does he deliver at a specific hospital?

bvasilis 18 yrs ago
Rachel, Dr. Ghosh charges HK$750 for prenatal check up that includes ultrasound. If you need a lab test, there will be additional charges (e.g. $400-1000) He just recently moved to Hutchison House in Central from Shui On Centre. His number is 2877 3118. He does not insists on C-section. He is very much for vaginal delivery, he doesn't like to induce labor either. He delivers only at Matilda International Hospital on the Peak where he also works on Saturdays morning. I had him for prenatal care with my first child although I delivered in the U.S. His bedside manners are good and my friend highly recommended him to me. But he seems to have this thing about miscarriage when he told me that I would miscarry because baby on the ultrasound was too small from what it should be according to my period. A friend of mine had the same exact experience so although he is a very good doctor, I decided to change to Dr. Lucy Lord with my second pregnancy. She is awesome, she gets to the point, very professional although not all the women like her because she is not that touchy-feely kind. I honestly don't care because she tells me what is needed and I trust her. Her number is 2824 0822. I like her! She charges also HK$750 for prenatal visit, includes ultrasound. Her delivery charges are a lot less (around HK$15-20,000) than Dr. Ghosh (he charges around HK$30,000 for delivery)

One last thing, I heard from a friend who was extremely happy with Dr. Ghosh during her prenatal care that he was kind of a... at delivery. Dr. Lucy Lord will let you do whatever labor you want. She also delivers at Matilda Hospital. I hope this helps.

DLJ 18 yrs ago
I know one that I would not use and that is Lucy Lord.... from past experience.

suze 18 yrs ago
I used Dr Ghosh for my 3rd pregnancy and cannot fault the guy! I had a few problems and he was very reassuring and caring. I had to have a csection but he does not insist on them at all. In fact a friend of mine who is due soon wants a c section and he keeps trying to persuade her to have a natural delivery!

rachelb 18 yrs ago
Wow - thanks for all this information. I am still having a hard time deciding whether I really want a male or female Gyne although Dr Ghosh seems like the one! Has no one heard of a Stephanie Wong? Anyone had any experiences with Sally Ferguson? Suze, if you don't mind me asking, how much approx. did you end up paying in total (hospital charge at Matilda plus doctors' fee)?

miffy 18 yrs ago
Rachelb,

Sent you a PM.

hmm 18 yrs ago
We felt that Lucy Lord was fantastic and will use her for our upcoming 2nd.

TC 18 yrs ago
rachelb,

It has been a while since you asked specifically about Sally Ferguson, but seeing that nobody has responded I can tell you that she was absolutely fantastic when our baby was born a few months ago. We saw Sally right through the pregnancy and I wouldn't even consider anyone else if the need arises again.

hmm 18 yrs ago
Ed, as I did respond about one of the doctors listed but had the response deleted, please tell me how to send the questioner a personal note...

Ed 18 yrs ago
http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/my/message_post.asp

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad