hyper 4 year old, help!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by bamamama 18 yrs ago
Does any one know any natural/herbal cures for hyper-activity? My son is wearing us out. He never sleeps and throws horrible temper tantrums every day. We already limit sugar, caffeine, dyes in food etc. Would greatly appreciate any help, thanks...

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
hkchoichoi 18 yrs ago
sleep theory suggests that kids who don't sleep actually have some of the symptoms that you are describing. how many hours a day does he sleep? A four year old "needs" (this is on average, and what is recommended but some kids actually don't NEED that much) between 11-13 hours of sleep, 10-11 at night and 1-2 during the day. The horrible temper tantrums may be a sign that he is just overtired therefore making sleep even MORE difficult.

Just a thought. If you think that this may be your situation - I highly recommend Richard Ferbers "Solve your Child's Sleep Problems" which can be ordered online (and in ENGLISH) at www.whatthebook.com (for Seoul Korea.)

Alternatively, Koreans also have their own brand of sherbal supplements and Traditional Korean Medicine, I have heard of quite a famous one in Chung Dam Dong - don't have his number but if you want, I can try and find it out for you.

Claire 18 yrs ago
Fish oil (not cod liver oil). Find one which is high in EPA (450-500mg per day combined EPA/DHA), such as MorEPA. EyeQ is also a very good brand - you can it buy at Little Giant in Causeway Bay.

FYI, fish oil (EPA) has been studied for its effects in children with behavioural or learning difficulties. The results have been very positive.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad