mini rice cooker / hotpot?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by RiceT 18 yrs ago
Anyone know where to get a small (the smallest possible) electric rice cooker or hotpot to take travelling? What's the smallest size?

Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Kaat 18 yrs ago
I saw a mini microwave "rice cooker" in Citistore. It's basically a plastic container that you put into the microwave for about 13 minutes and cooks 1 cup (2 bowls) of rice. That would be quite handy for cooking rice if you have access to a microwave.

RiceT 18 yrs ago
Raincatcher - Why non-stick version? Do they have these in Fortress?

We have a family member with some food sensitivities so we'd like to get the pot for making/steaming our own simple foods while travelling to various places.

Kaat, good idea but I've been to many hotels that don't have microwaves in the room, one of the reasons we're looking for a hotpot.

Thanks again.

RiceT 18 yrs ago
Thanks much for the info. : )

sam i am 18 yrs ago
I saw a real teeeee tiny rice cooker - it actually looked like a toy! - at Wing On City Plaza Taikoo. Perhaps they will have the same one at Sheung Wan Wing On.

sam i am 18 yrs ago
yes, it`s the Wing On @ Taikoo Shing

Wiz Bang 18 yrs ago
i saw a cute cusintec or cuisinart ? brand but it costs about 500 bucks

pinklet 18 yrs ago
hi!whenever i travel i carry the travel cooker.....you can cook anything from noodles to rice to steam veggies.you can find it in chungking electrical shops...although i cant remember the price anymore.this cooker really helps and is quite small,hope this helps.

RiceT 18 yrs ago
pinklet - what's the "travel cooker"? is that the actual name of the pot?

pinklet 18 yrs ago
its like a small teflon coated square pot over a mini electric stove.quite compact but very handy and i can recall the brand is "sanyo".i got mine frm chungking and they have a yr warranty too.dunno where else in hk you can find them.good luck.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad