Getting a valuation for what could be valuable

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by flyhigh 18 yrs ago
stumbled across some demolition work about 3 hrs from beijing.. some old homes being demolished. salvaged an old door.. brought it back to hk. sitting in the living room as a conversation piece.. any idea where i could get something like this valued. from the art perspective?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
tsuiwah 18 yrs ago
how did you get the door back to hkg?

Thames 18 yrs ago
Through the back door? Ho ho. Sounds like a great find. There are some nice, (presumably) old doors for sale ($$$) in the furniture outlets at South Horizons - if you ask there they might be able to put you in touch with someone.

flyhigh 18 yrs ago
does anyone know MR know it alls email from the hk magazine?

ness 18 yrs ago
There is a guy who has a HUGE (acres and acres of buildings on an old sugar mill site) furniture depot/store up in China that I have visited on a trip via a friend. Each building / room was dedicated to individual items like chairs, wooden pillows, doors, tables, chairs, lanterns, bowls, windows, shop signs, antique beds etc. He has a store in Aberdeen and may be able to help you or why not ask to go on one of his next trips - he picked us up at Central Ferry Pier and drove us over the border in his old van and we spent the day wandering around picking stuff which was then brought back to a central area where restoration if required was discussed and then it was all delivered to HK a couple of weeks later.

L & E arts and crafts Limited either 188 Hollywood Road or 3rd Floor Benefit Building 61 Wong Chuk Hang road, - Aberdeen - parking on tong Bin Lane. Tel 2670 0763 webite is here : www.lneco.com I think he also has some big place near sheng shui on the border but that may be primarily garden statuary and pots... it was an amazing day out. Possibly he doesn't actually organise regular tours and I was just lucky to go with a via a friend who knew someone who had been buying furniture through him for 20 years or more.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad