Complaints about Ariston Washer/Dryer?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by AYM 18 yrs ago
My sister used to live in a brand new apartment with a Ariston washer. It was as noisy as an aeroplane taking off. Really unbelievable! Can't say that for all of its model but I definitely would not consider buying it in future.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
hkchoichoi 18 yrs ago
if you can

I have a two in one - LG brand (Korean.) Had it for two years, have two kids and it runs really well. LG in Seoul is known for it's good "belt" and "drum" and it's been awesome. It spins up to 1200 RPM, has the "boil" option and is great for it's value. Of course, it takes a while to "dry" everything - but truly it's been a good buy. It cost us in Seoul around $4500 HKD.

Thames 18 yrs ago
As I'm sure you're already aware, not all combination washer dryers are crap - I have an Electrolux and it does what it is supposed to do very well.

Might be worth Googling for user reviews on the particular model you're after or, failing that, you might still find some general feedback on Ariston machines.

kiwozzie 18 yrs ago
Hi Simple Simon

I have an Ariston 'Margharita" washer/dryer combo in my flat..& am guessing it is about 7 yrs old (age of building) It washes OK, takes a long time to do it tho., is very noisy when on final spin, & if it is on full load, it blows the fusebox, so I have to remember to switch pretty much every electrical appliance off...incl. those on standby. This is probably not the fault of the Ariston, but is a pain.

My main gripe is the blighter does not dry...things come out after the dry cycle just as wet as they are when the wash cycle is finished...just hot from the dryer temp.

I have learned to take main washing to our local Park Avenue laundry. Who knows that option may be cheaper in the long run, depending on the size of yr family.I just use the Ariston machine for my manky gym gear & dry it on a rack.

The machine is certainly a waste of valuable space

Good luck

jhk 18 yrs ago
Stay away from the Ariston "Margharita" range... I had the washer before (which would wash with barely any water!... piece of crap!) and now the washer/dryer which is even worst! (the dryer simply burns everything!

notaclue 18 yrs ago
I had an Ariston a while back (just plain washer). The machine was ok other than being really noisy during the spin cycle. The problem is with the servicing. The attitude is awful. We decided to get a new one instead of suffering through the poor service chain.

I wrote a complaint letter to the distributor in HK as well as the parent company, but got no reply. You should stay away from this brand.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad