help! I need legal advice

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by cherish988 18 yrs ago
I have moved into an apt a little over a month ago, with a one year lease. I have a 2 months rent deposit and 2 months rent on the apt. The landlord gave me his buniness card, and assured me if there was any problem, he will fix it.

After a few days, I have found leaking in the shower's ceiling, shower's ceiling fan does not work, leaking in the hallway, problems with the microweave, and flooding in the backyard.

Last week, the hot water oil water boiler was out of oil, after adding new oil, the boiler is not working. I have been having cold showers for the past few days.

The landlord refused to have any of these problems fix and on top of it all, he wants me to fix the oil boiler. He tells me he wants me to move out and said he will deduct what ever the cost for the repair and he will give me back the deposit.

So far, he has not been honest with me and I am unsure if he will give me the deposit back (RMB5,600), which I need to pay towards the new apt. Is there an organization I can approach for legal advice and what my rights are.

I would appreciate very much of your help and advice.

I am based in Shanghai

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Meiguoren 18 yrs ago
These situations happen a lot! Way too much deposit to lose! Try posting in Shanghai practical for more specific advice?

douglaskoh 18 yrs ago
The cost of approaching legal advice is probably a huge fraction of your deposit. In short, if the boiler was OK when it was handed to you, you will have a hard time to prove that you did not break it.

legalconseil 18 yrs ago
FIRST,YOU NEED THE PROVE.

THEN,TELL ME THE DETAILS OF YOUR CONTACT.

I'M IN SHANGHAI,PERHAPS I CAN HELP YOU.BUT I NEED TO SEE YOUR CONTACT.MY EMAIL:LEGALCONSEIL@YAHOO.COM

YOU CAN ENVOYER YOUR CONTACT TO MY EMAIL IF YOU WANT.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad