Bad Facial Salons

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by TayTay 18 yrs ago
I've had a terrible experience with a salon near where I live. I bought a package of 10 for various treatments and throughout these treatments, I experienced a whole load of insults on how bad my skins is, how big my pores are or how many blackheads I have, or how dirty it is..... need I say more? I had it out with the Assistant Manager today (even though I still have some treatments left) and can't believe the responses she gave me.... sigh, too stupid to list out here.

Anyway, I want to make a formal complaint about them and will write to them. Other than that, I do want to complain to somewhere like the Consumer Council..... are there any other places I could write to to voice my opinion. Is there a Beauty Association or something similar?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 18 yrs ago
Please do not post the name of the salon on our forum - we have no way of verifying complaints and you expose us and yourself to legal action if you attempt to use this site to publish a complaint.

Thank you for following our rules.

Jessdingding 18 yrs ago
That's just their way of trying to make you spend money on their products and on extra treatments. "Your skin is so bad but if you just use this magical potion or that ultraviolet IPL laser beam it will be miraculously cured". I'm fed up with spending money for acne treatments: Nothing works for me so far (except winter!) and beauticians only ever suggest treatments that involve you giving them money.

I find sales people in HK very rude and aggressive, and wonder how companies have any success when they encourage their employees to act this way. However, it's unlikely to change anytime soon.

lisaneal_vdb 18 yrs ago
Dear TayTay

If it makes you feel any better last week 3 diferent sales assistants in three different 'expensive' clothing shops called me fat to my face. The first time I was really shocked. The second time I thought, OK maybe Ive put on weight and went home and hopped on the scale. No difference. The poor third lady got a piece of my mind. I dont consider myself fat by western standards and even if I were I still think its utterly unproffesional and highly rude they way they treat paying customers at some places in HK. Luckily I have found a few chain stores that are remarkably friendly and helpful too.

Try demanding the remaing value of your session back.

Good luck!

Meems 18 yrs ago
I have had the same experience after buying facial packages, the beauticians suddenly become monsters and starts degrading your skin, body, method etc.... they try to make you feel ugly and fat and then sell you "mircle creams". My ex-beautician use to pick my blackheads and tell me look how disgusting I was (yes, she said "disgusting"). Then she will say that she's only doing the best and letting me know the truth. To be honest, my skin looks better since I started doing my own facials. Really really bad service and they should be shot!!!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad