supplement for non-veggie eater

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by turtlehead 18 yrs ago
Can someone give me an advice on what's the best supplement for non-veggie eater who is a male in his late 30s(my husband)? Any particular brand you can recomment? In fact not really fruit eater, either - he just eats just meat and carb.

Thanks in advance

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Thames 18 yrs ago
I'm no expert, but I'd suggest a standard one-a-day A-Z multivitamin and minerals capsule to be getting on with. If you come from the UK, supplements like Multibionta or Seven Seas or Boots own brand etc. are much cheaper there, so if you can get them sent over it'd save you a small fortune.

If I were you I would also seek advice from a qualified dietician to ensure he will obtain all the nutrients he needs. (I keep meaning to get in touch with Victoria Harrison, who writes a nutrition column in Sai Kung's Explore magazine, as she seems to know her stuff.)

Also, if you can get away with it, practice 'stealth-health' like I have to do with my partner (!). I make us meat-packed chillis and curries but sneak in red, yellow, green peppers, tomatoes, sweet potatoes and lots of other vegetables. Actually, he probably eats quite a healthy diet, 'though he doesn't realise it...

Claire 18 yrs ago
Beyond Greens

http://www.florahealth.com/flora/home/international/products/7515.asp

It includes organically grown barley, alfalfa, oat and rye grasses, plus spirulina, chlorella, broccoli, parsley and kale. And grape seed extract and ginkgo biloba.

BTW, although this stuff is powder, it doesn't dissolve because it's full of fibre so if you make it into a milkshake it won't be a totally smooth one.

DISCLAIMER:

The inclusion of any specific commercial product, business, website, practitioner, service and/or facility contained in this post does in no way constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation or favouring by the poster/member.

bcoover 18 yrs ago
Try Centrum A-Z (with the multicolored band on the label). There was also that 'meal' pill from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, where could i find that...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad