Cable TV - are changes afoot?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Hawaiian 18 yrs ago
I cancelled my subscription with them one month ago, and when I did, I was so dissappointed with them that they did not even "try" make an effort to keep me by lowering my monthly rate...I had two boxes with them.

But since NOW has almost everything they have/had and more, I have since moved all my pay TV to them...

Definitely, its in response to their high fees and competition.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
DA 18 yrs ago
they put their prices up around 12% for a 12mth contract vs what I agreed with them last year... possibly they feel that competition is less severe this year than last year - which is very complacent. The only way I could get last years price was to agree to a 30 month contract. I think they are trying to get subscribers in for longer term contracts as a back up if they lose the EPL contract from next season which would take a massive chunk of viewers away.

vibe 18 yrs ago
Cable TV will be losing the EPL contract at the end of the season, as well the HBO channels.

DA 18 yrs ago
Cable TV's existing contract will expire at the end of the season yes, but not necessarily losing it. The next contract goes up for auction from December, I don't think Cable are going to conceed just yet.

fairlady05 18 yrs ago
Cable TV sucks. Their service is so bad, they cut off my cable service and when i called them up, they have no records of my contract! This is terribly frustrating!

bcoover 18 yrs ago
Poor service? Absolutely. I'm tired of trying to communicate with Cable. Any problems they play dumb until you hit the roof and then you are disconnected. They exaggerate availability and leave you with little of what they promised. They don't answer written letters - frustrating experiences.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad