shipping a car to the philippines?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by dbrongie 18 yrs ago
Does anyone have any data on what it would take to ship a car to the Philippines? I have an old car I would like to send to my helpers son in the Philippines but I don't know how to go about it and or the prices.

Can anyone help?

Donna

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
tmk 18 yrs ago
Make sure you check on the taxes. I've had some experience in The Philippines with purchasing and selling personal vehicles. Used vehicles that were not taxed in The Philippines when purchased new will have hefty taxes to be paid, often making it not worthwhile purchasing the vehicle.

Also keep in mind they use left-hand drive vehicles.

dbrongie 18 yrs ago
Thank you. How do you ship them there? It's a very old used vehicle that needs repair, so it's not worth much here. My helpers husband repairs cars so I'm sure he can fix it and keep it in working order for their use.

tggb 18 yrs ago
I believe only Diplomats can take cars into the Philippines duty free, for others duties can be up to 90% of the customs value. You should contact the Philippines Consulate for the most updated regulations. If the car is not worth much, then the hassle and cost of sending it probably wont make it worthwhile.

dbrongie 18 yrs ago
thank you.

crj 18 yrs ago
This is a very nice thing you are offering to do.

You should cost compare shipping with buying a similar old car in the Philipines and giving to your Helper's family.

Also, as stated above, shipping might result in unexpected costs around tax and import duties, getting the car road worthy (before it is realesed from customs in some cases) as well as unexpected 'red tape' issues.

You can talk to the AA (Automobile Association) for more details and also speak with Santa Fe (advertised on this site) about price of shipping and logistics.

dbrongie 18 yrs ago
Thank you!

carsnow 8 yrs ago
I agree what CRJ said that you should compare the shipping and repair cost with buying a second hand similar to your old car in the Philippines. Theirs a lot of buy and sell cars website in Philippines where you can find affordable used cars for sale and I suggest you to sell your car rather than sending it here in Philippines.

Here a list of website for buy and selling cars in Philippines. I sure you can save more money for buying a second hand car than sending and repairing your car in Philippines

https://www.carsnow.com.ph/
www.carfinderph.com
www.carmudi.com.ph/
ph.priceprice.com
tsikot.com

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad