scar-less mole removal?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Jessdingding 18 yrs ago
I had mine removed in Kuala Lumpur in a place called "Herbaline" if I remember correctly. Bizarrely they used some kind of cashew nut extract, scratched the skin's surface with a needle and applied the liquid. It only stung a bit. During one week the mole turned into a scab which then dropped off. There's hardly any scar at all: The skin is just a little lighter. It was also dirt cheap- maybe 500 HKD roughly.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
MianFei 18 yrs ago
How did you find the place? Did you get references first? Do you have contact info?

Jessdingding 18 yrs ago
No my ex-boyfriend found it. I think you'd have to look around on the web a bit, and you can probably locate it again. Dunno if there's anything here I can't read because it's in Chinese

http://jeenbaby.blogspot.com/2006/03/blog-post_114361917778870844.html

Bambini 18 yrs ago
Kse4 et al.

First of all I don't work for Dr.Image...but they have an apogee Elite laser which I tried for my moles.Takes a few treatments but I only pay once $400 per area unlimited treatments for one year til mole removed.It does sting a bit though....call 2833 2950 and ask for Dr.Raymond Pak.

ozcalgal 18 yrs ago
Go to Dr Tinny Ho in Central, ph: 2901-1281, she removed a mole from my hip which was quite large and left no scar.

gwern 18 yrs ago
Tinny Ho removed moles from my face and body. She was excellent. Mine were removed for medical reasons so was a necessity but I have minimal marking. It was definitely worth it. It isn't cheap though(I think the total of 5 moles was HK$7000) If it is your face you are doing I would suggest paying the extra and having it done by someone good.

soulsister 18 yrs ago
gwern, how often did you have to go back for the moles on your face? I was surprised that i have to pay again for the same moles if they didn't disappeard.

gwern 18 yrs ago
I didn't need to go back at all. The one on the side of my nose left a scab for a short time. When that fell off I had an indentation for a while. Now you'd never know it was there. Dr Ho said there was a chance that one day it would grow back. At the moment there is absolutely nothing to indicate that would happen. It just looks like the rest of the surrounding skin. The price included the moles being sent away for a biopsy(?)That's also peace of mind. My insurance paid for the procedure because of the cancer implications and because it was not cosmetic (although that really was a bonus!)

gwern 18 yrs ago
She basically used a scalpel to cut them out. Mine were raised so this was obviously the best method. I don't know if it would be any different if the moles were flatter.

soulsister 18 yrs ago
mine were flat and Dr. Ho's colleage used laser.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad