Laundry service woes

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Donnialda 18 yrs ago
Okay, does anyone know the translation for "please don't dry my panties and boulder holders on Extra High with my bath towels" ?!?!?!?

Better yet, where can I just do my own friggin' laundry?!

And before one of the usual AEP smart asses responds with one of those "buy a washer and put it in your flat" answers, I reply with a 'duh'. If I were able to purchase a washing machine, I could just live in one of those fancy serviced apartments.

HELPFUL answers are welcome. Thank you! :)

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 18 yrs ago
Sarcastic replies = immediate ban from the site.

Donnialda 18 yrs ago
ED: Good to know! Because I sure am annoyed with how many sarcastic and unhelpful replies I see around this site. I mean, come on! People wouldn't post a question to an entire group of strangers unless they really needed the help, only to find poo or insensitivity in their Threads.

Ed 18 yrs ago
We monitor the forums constantly but sometimes unacceptable comments slip past us.

If you see such a comment on any thread please reply ATTENTION ED PLEASE REVIEW THIS THREAD.

We will definitley notice that and it will alert us to go have a look.

These forums are for helping people - they are not a platform for amateur comedians. If someone receives a sarcastic reply to their question it discourages use of the site and of course it is disrepectful to the person who asked for help and we will not have it.

We appreciate if our members - 99.9% of whom contribute positively to the forums - point out the bad apples.

Cheers,

Ed

Claire 18 yrs ago
Well one could mention the sarcastic tone of the opening post but it seems to have passed muster (one of the universe's little mysteries...).

A basic sentence is (sorry can't type the tones here):

Gon ye, m hou gam yeet.

Means "clothes not want so hot" but I honestly don't know if it will work because these laundries want things in and out fast and a lower heat will slow things down - and the clothes be damned... unfortunately.

Also, in my twenty-something years here, I've never seen a self-service laundrette. I guess people here don't have the time, which is a shame because it doesn't leave much opportunity to watch a muscular young man strip of his jeans, throw them in the machine and sit there in his undies. Remember the ad and the hunk, but not the brand... he he!

Claire 18 yrs ago
Remember it was Levis. For those who are too young to remember, here is a picture storyboard.

http://www.nickkamen.com/storyboard.htm

Now he doesn't put his undies in the machine so he probably handwashes them too ...

;-)

Donnialda 18 yrs ago
222, these are very useful tips. I had no idea dehumidifiers worked this way. (Interesting, considering I'm from a tropical region myself!)

I'm in Times Square, so I'll check out those stores.

And, good lord, THANKS for the info on the butcher aprons. you're right, I do not want to share my specials with that neighbor's.

And girls, I remember that ad! Thanks for the link as a refresher. Do you know where to find the Target guy from a few years back?

cd 18 yrs ago
Dehumdifiers are quite good for drying clothes. If I have to dry mine indoors I put them on an airer in front of the dehumidifier. The ones hanging closest to the dehum dry much quicker. As to the original post, I think you should handwash them too.

Donnialda 18 yrs ago
Okay everyone,

- public laundromats = bloody aprons - Check

- translation for low heat - Check

- separate = pay cost, say prayer

- dehumidifier trick - Check

- handwash and shut up - Check Mate

Thanks everyone!

Claire 18 yrs ago
Perhaps you can also try something like the Handiwash, a small portable washing machine, for delicate items.

Friends had one which we used in the wilds of Australia, better than a croc-infested creek.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad