I Used To Work In A Small Office...

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by SleeplessInSeoul 18 yrs ago
But have recently relocated to the main office of our parent company. Since this move, my manager has gone from being Queen Bee in a smaller office to a small fish in a big pond, and only really has limited influence, even over the 3 employees she still manages.

She has been trying to exert her power over myself and a colleague, causing some uncomfortable moments and generally making life frustrating and difficult.

She has stopped short of outright bullying, however she is clearly trying to stamp her authority in this new environment. How can myself and my colleague deal with this issue?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
MianFei 18 yrs ago
It appears you see your boss in a new life -- once was big, now is small. Who has changed, you or the manager? Perhaps seek ways to reassure her of your loyalty, trust and devotion.

SleeplessInSeoul 18 yrs ago
It has always been difficult to respect her, as she has an unprofessional attitude and questionable hygiene and personal skills. She used to rule our small office with unkindness and ill-temper, but since we have moved offices she cannot do this, and so she has been looking for other, less obvious ways to stamp her despotic authority on us.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad