domestic helper weekly schedule

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by bvasilis 18 yrs ago
Hi, I tried to find any specific info here regarding the helper's work schedule but didn't find my answers. So here it is. I just recently hired a domestic helper straight from the Philipines. She is very good in cleaning and I think things will work out but I would like to see what exact schedule is good. Meaning, I don't need her to clean the floor every day but I don't want her to sit around and do nothing while I take care of the kids. I had a helper before who I left to take care of the house and she did have a schedule but she was quite lazy and thought she knew better than me what to do. This time I don't want to make the same mistake but I don't want the helper to be tired or overworked, on the other hand I don't want her to be spoiled either. I welcome any suggestions and experience from your own home schedules and I'm open to schedules that work.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
lovethelanes 18 yrs ago
Hello,

when our helper started 3 years ago with us she also came straight from the islands. In that time it was very important to have that schedule as we were living in a huge house and cleaning that house every day upside down would have consumed too much time. So I sat down and wrote on a sheet of paper what things I would like her to do every day (such as doing the beds, vacuum, dish washing , laundry, iron etc.), every 2 to 3 days (watering the plants, clean outside area -like terraces, dedust(is that the right word?:-)) shelves, every week (clean inside the fridge, change bedsheets, change water of bamboos etc.) every month (e.g. clean windows)..

Also we sat every week together and talked about these things. If it is managable, things she would need to improve etc. After a while she foudn her routine and now I don;t have to say anything anymore. From time to time she forgets things, but who doesn't (they still drive me nuts though)..

But so long, things work well..

Good luck!

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad