Changing RMB after Sale of Property

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by gastronaut 18 yrs ago
I recently sold a property in China that I bought a few years ago. I changed my USD into RMB to purchase the property. Does anyone know how/if I can change the proceeds of a sale back into USD? I no longer reside in China, so does this mean I will need to find a solicitor to help me with this? If so, can anyone recommend one?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
douglaskoh 18 yrs ago
Do you have the exchange note issued by a local bank that you have converted USD into RMB? If yes, you can convert the same amount into USD. If no, hard luck, no solicitor can help you with this. You may have to do it the unapproved way.

gastronaut 18 yrs ago
I still have the exchange note issed by the bank. But even with this, I understand there is a lengthy process with SAFE. As I am not in the country, I want to know the extent of the procedure to consider whether I should get professional help, get a friend to help, or whether I need to come back personally to handle this.

douglaskoh 18 yrs ago
You can get a friend to go through the procedure for you. You may have to notarize the PA document and have the document endorsed by the Chinese embassy. However, if you need T/T money from your local bank account, you may need to be there personally.

sp517 18 yrs ago
Why not Change your RMB to USD in Hong Kong.

gastronaut 18 yrs ago
Because I believe you cannot bring more than 5000 RMB in cash across to Hong Kong. Have the rules changed?

tomacer2 18 yrs ago
the actually never check how much money you bring over the border... I haven't ever brought more than that, but never anybody checked this on me. if you have to do it this way, don't put it in a suticase, because you might need to put it in the X-rays (only maybe!)and just put wear it with you in your pockets.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad