Interesting Visa Situation

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by StMichael 18 yrs ago
I thought I've posted this, but my post disappeared!

I've been thinking over a situation - my visa is renewed a year at a time, and I have to give 3 month's notice to leave. What would be the likely scenario if I were to give the 3 month's notice, but have only 2 months left in the previous visa? What recourse do I have if the company does not release me but yet does not renew my visa? Or worse still, take my passport to "renew" my visa for that month but does not actually do so?

On a similar note, what happens if the company cancels my visa before I have a chance for the new company to get my new one (it takes about a month, I think, to do the necessary procedures)?

Wow...this is getting interesting...

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
douglaskoh 18 yrs ago
What would be the likely scenario if I were to give the 3 month's notice, but have only 2 months left in the previous visa?

You should avoid such a case.

What recourse do I have if the company does not release me but yet does not renew my visa?

Legally, they are suppose to apply to extend your visa for another month.

Or worse still, take my passport to "renew" my visa for that month but does not actually do so?

Well. If this is the level of trust you have, of more the reason you should plan in advance.

On a similar note, what happens if the company cancels my visa before I have a chance for the new company to get my new one (it takes about a month, I think, to do the necessary procedures)?

The company is not obligated to give you time to look for a new job. It is your problem. You will have to come back with a tourist visa.

StMichael 18 yrs ago
Thank you, Douglas!

Michael Chan

www.senseimichael.com

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad