non-residents marriage in HK

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by tomacer2 18 yrs ago
Would appreciate about info about marriage in HK. I'm German, she's Indonesian. None of us is HK resident, but we want to get married in HK. What are the required documents?

Is it really easy and quick? That's what I need...

Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
miming 18 yrs ago
Easy and Quick? yes it is.My helper is Filipina and her boufrien from Philippines came over and they got married.I was there as a witness and also I brought them to marriage registry,in Admiralty to register.The officer just ask them both of their passport and gave them a schedule for the wedding day which is a month later.

tomacer2 18 yrs ago
mimming, that sounds good. Did they not ask for birth certificate and marital condition certificate? Just the passport?

TC 18 yrs ago
Yes, they do ask for current marital status. When we were married 18 months ago (in a church but the application process still takes place at the registry office) I stated 'Single' and didn't have to provide anything else (what could I provide anyway if there wasn't anything?!) but my husband stated 'Divorced' and so had to provide the original divorce decree. It would have been a lot easier if he had stated 'Single' but then he would have committed perjury. Luckily he had all of those old papers so it didn't take any extra time. And yes they also asked for our original birth certificates - , although from memory they didn't as much as look at them, accepting the dates in our passports.

miming 18 yrs ago
As far as I can remember because both of them are single so the officer needed only thier Passport.But TC was right if you are divorced then have a papers with you to support your application for marriage.Good luck.

tomacer2 18 yrs ago
just a passport is what they ask for. Really nice.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad