Want to learn to ride a motorbike!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by albertoeggplant 18 yrs ago
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is any alternative to the HK School of Motoring for learning to ride a motorbike in HK?

Their website is almost entirely in Chinese, and I have tried to register and sign up for courses 3 times and asked for someone to call me back but never had a reply or any acknowledgement at all.

I have asked around, kept my eyes peeled for signage and even called up the CAB but no one seems to know of any other choices in this town. Is that how it really is? One company offering lessons to learn to ride a motorbike?

I suppose I should of course say that if it cannot be done in English (or German!) then I will be stumped.

Thanks for any help on this.

AE

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
bwitched32 18 yrs ago
Call up again and ask to speak to someone in English. I did my licence through HKSM Shatin office. Be prepared that not all the instructors there speak English. I sat through a couple of theory lessons in Cantonese. I could understand from the pictures what they were talking about.

It took 6mths to get my licence and although I did wine a little about the time, it went quick and I was glad that I had the extra training. On the day of your test they will have an English speaking tester (mine was British). Good Luck I passed mine in June and has been great riding on a scooter. PM if you want any other information.

ipsa 18 yrs ago
I just completed the motorbike course at HKSM at Aberdeen (next to ocean park) with no problems. There are not too many providers of motorbike lessons, so HKSM gets away with a lot of inefficiencies. You will have to bare with it. However, it is a good course, with very professional instructors. The phone hotline will always call you back within the same working day when you leave a voice message. English is no problem.

albertoeggplant 18 yrs ago
Thanks everyone - am gonna give the Aberdeen mob a call and see what I can do.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad