Spa for wife

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by alvineki 18 yrs ago
Any good HK spa recommendations for my wife? We just had a baby on 18 Oct and I would like to surprise her with a good spa package. Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
that is so sweet of you, wished my hubby thought of that when i had baby 8 months ago!! :)

@@ 18 yrs ago
Elemis Day Spa in Central is very good - although pricey.

http://www.paua.com.hk/ourbusinesses/elemisdayspa.php

montana1 18 yrs ago
I got a voucher for a mothers relaxation treatment a the Plateau Spa, Grand Hyatt HK www.plateau.com.hk Pure Bliss!

Ed 18 yrs ago
See just below your question - there are links to a number of spa offers from top spas in hk

squiggles 18 yrs ago
Then you should check out the Four Seasons Spa. Prices are almost exactly those of Elemis but it has the lovely facilities your wife could use such as a huge jacuzzi, sauna, steam rooms - all very spacious and no time limit if you're having a treatment there.

my thoughts 18 yrs ago
Don't forget the Landmark Oriental, stunning facility.

Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
actually ruth raises a good point about whether your wife will be ready for such a surprise.

it's less than a month since birth so she might still have lochia, which might be abit inconvenient for massages and scrubs, you know? and she could be still sore and abit conscious about figure and stiches.

an alternative to a spa: why not a mani/pedi party for her and few close friends? in singapore, this is pretty popular, food and drinks included. or you could take her out for a romantic dinner (without baby please) with flowers and all....that should also make her feel like a million bucks!

my thoughts 18 yrs ago
This is all so sweet to be thinking about, you must be a very special husband.

Sorry, I hadn't noticed you live in GZ until Ruth pointed it out, and have no recommendations for there. But for me, leaving my new baby and trecking to HK for pampering wouldn't have been fun so early, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy myself without worrying about her. Plus, she was eating something like every hour, so there was barely time for anything between feeds. In HK, it's possible to have a masseuse (sp?) come round to your house. It's quite reasonable, so something you could do even weekly if it went over well. If you have any Indian friends, you could check with them as the Indian community even has baby masseuses, Mummy and baby sleep like a dream after :-)

Another idea all together is jewelry. My husband gave me a watch when she was born, I love it, and it's a daily reminder of so many wonderful things. Of course jewelry can get quite expensive, but really, it's the care in the choice and the fact that it lasts, that's meaningful.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad