kale - where to buy

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Germaine WS 17 yrs ago
Hi has anyone came across the vegetable "kale" in hong kong, if so please let me know where i can buy them?

I am looking for the dark green curly kale. Not the chinese version.

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
mumbloxy 17 yrs ago
City Super has a Japanese version. 360 has an organic version, can't remember where grown though. My baby eats all kinds of veg including broccoli & spinach, but will only have kale mixed with something sweet like pear or sweet potato.

Whitegold 17 yrs ago
Hi, you can buy in any super market but just that now it's not a season that's why probably you can't find it... I guess. Usually it's in summer isn't it? Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's call 芥蘭 (Gai Lan) in chinese...

Ruth in Canada 17 yrs ago
Gail Lan is not kale, but is equally nutritious and I think it tastes better too!

ldsllvn 17 yrs ago
saw it in 360 yesterday - the normaly curly variety that westerners are used to?

the goddess kali 17 yrs ago
how to prepare the gai lan for babies. do you give the leaves or the stalk?

mumbloxy 17 yrs ago
I just give the leaves. Steam no different as you would with any other veg, or I simmer in stock if I'm mixing it with other veg/meat.

the goddess kali 17 yrs ago
Thanks mum bloxy! will try this and see what the little monster has to say!

Germaine WS 17 yrs ago
thank u all. I am actually looking for the western version of kale instead of the chinese version. I saw the chinese version at great and 360 but don't seem to find the western curly version. My bub eats all kinds of vegetables but i would like him to eat kale if possible given the wonderful nutrients it contains.

abby78 17 yrs ago
you can try give the baby kale(chinese version) my son who is 2 years old don't want to eat veggies, but the baby kale he like it, you can buy in City Super.

brotmann 9 yrs ago
you can find kale here

http://www.green-level.net/collections/fresh-lettuce/products/curly-kale

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad