Meeting People in Hong Kong

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Cali-Girl 16 yrs ago
I am a single girl who moved to Hong Kong two months ago. I was extremely busy with my job, finding an apartment and then setting up my apartment for the past two months, but now I am realizing I really haven’t met anyone in Hong Kong who I can hang out with (guys or girls).

Do you have any suggestions for organizations or clubs to join to meet other single people? I am open to pretty much any type of activity. I just need to start meeting people and making friends.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
dasia 16 yrs ago
Join an organization like Australian Association - they have 'meet and greet' drinks each month as well as organised hikes on weekends, art gallery tours and heaps more. Website is www.ozhongkong.com

1975 16 yrs ago
You can also meet new people through exclusive seminars and classes. Website is www.getsmarthongkong.com

Cali-Girl 16 yrs ago
Thanks for all of the great advice. I am looking forward to checking out all of your suggestions.

candy_liu14 16 yrs ago
Hi Cali-Girl

Welcome on board in Hk, I'm single girl raised up in HK would like to meet the new ppl from oversea. You may contact my email candy_liu14@yahoo.com if you want to hang out for drink or movie

Azuris 16 yrs ago
Hello All!

I'm also new to Hong Kong and would love to meet some new people!

Azuris_99@hotmail.com is my msn!

-Isabel

ukxpat 15 yrs ago
I'm in a similar situation...

Me & my new husband recently moved to HK. He works away several days of the month & I am finding it quite lonely home alone! I am looking to meet new female friends but I'm not quite sure what the best way is to meet people? Do you have any idea's? I've been looking at clubs to join but have no idea where to start. I'm a brit in my late 20's.

sarahg4331 11 yrs ago
Hi,

I've just moved to HK and after a month of finding somewhere to live and sort of settling i'm realising i need to make some friends.

I'm 27 from the UK. I work in fashion and enjoy the odd class of wine.

I'm also interested in joining a netball team if anyone has any contacts.

Any help would be great!

Shellyfast 11 yrs ago
The best idea is to join professional organizations such as chambers or women's groups. Another idea would be to join a hiking group. :)

cathylee 10 yrs ago
I think joining some classes like yoga or cooking class should help a lot. I have knew some friends in one of my cooking class and hang out quite often since.

eponine_cheung 10 yrs ago
can we organize some activities so we can meet each other? any ideas?

Linaxxx 10 yrs ago
We can hike . I know some nice trails in HK. Email me if u interesting

harpist@rambler.ru

Im free weekdays only.

eponine_cheung 10 yrs ago
I like to join!anyone cares for a drink? ;)

Nini-Nina 10 yrs ago
Hi

I would also like to join.... for a drink, hike...

VeneraS 10 yrs ago
Hi all! I think we have quite a group of ppl who is new to hk and would like to meet ppl to hang out with. Lets make our own mini get together?

I'm 26, recently moved to hk from central asia. My mother language is russian and i work in hk as an office manager.

Write here if agreed on a mini get together for a drink.

V

AnnaPe 8 yrs ago
Hi all. Are you still meeting? Can I join?
ANNA

Valeriecheah 8 yrs ago
Hi all, do let me know as well, If I could join?

oppiz99 8 yrs ago
Hi all,

I'm in a similar situation as well, its been about 2.5 months since the move and had a lot of setting up and applications for this and that...

I'm Canadian born Chinese male late 20's.

I am open to meeting new people for coffee, drinks, whatever

AnnaDanishek 8 yrs ago
Are any Russian people in Hong Kong? I feel like I am the only one here

scorpio01 8 yrs ago
i see a few russian ladies time to time in TST park with their kids..

oppiz99 8 yrs ago
From my understanding there are a lot of Russian people in Hong Kong. However if you want to hang out with a Chinese born Canadian let me know :)
I'm so bored, I'm ordering McDonald's at this hour

LenaNa 8 yrs ago
i am almost russian )) didnt here russian speaking people too much, i guess mostly tourists..

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad