Toni and Guy academy?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by edelg 15 yrs ago
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Toni and Guy academy for highlights? I have pretty short,coloured hair and wanted to get some highlights again to brighten it up, probably only a half head and no cut. I've been to Paul Gerrard before and while they're great I can't afford it this time round with a big holiday coming up!

Any feedback,suggestions would be great! I have had some colour disasters in HK and am rightly cautious ever since! :-)

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
edelg 15 yrs ago
Hey thank for your reply,

Makes good sense,I have done may classes back home always great but you're right, I guess my mission continues to find a colorist in HK I am truly satisfied with, which I may prove impossible. I found it was not so much the language barrier as them not listening closely enough to what I was saying or indeed looking at the picture I brought with me on the previous disaster that caused the problem and I got their interrpretation instead of what I wanted,horrible!

lip3 14 yrs ago
Does anyone know if there is a specific day and time you need to go to the Academy *Beijing* to get it done? Or can you just walk in?

August18 14 yrs ago
FAO Douglas Lillico,

I am going to stick my neck out here too Doug, I kinda notice a pattern emerging with all of your responses in these matters being of a derogatory nature, especially towards T&G (a company I have used here and in Uk many times and would vouch for). Are your opinions down to actual experience , and having been to these establishments, or are you a hair dresser here in HK yourself and choose to spend your time slating other salons / competitors ?

If so maybe you should just concentrate on your own work, like it seems all the other hair dressers are and not rely on negative whispering campaigns against others, it doesn't reflect well upon you if so, thats all.

Cheers.

lindala 13 yrs ago

I know this post is super old, but anyway..

When you go to the Toni and Guy academy you can either have your hair done done by a graduate, who is still in the practicing phase or by a student. The student is cheaper.

I had my very long hair cut to a short pixie cut by a graduate. He really took his time and looked at magazines with me to find out what cut I'd like. And he put in a lot of effort cutting my hair.

5 minutes after walking out of that place a stranger on the street asked me where I got my hair cut.

But I think the style for color and highlights is a bit different, they have very bold styles and I have seen people walk out of that place with hot pink hair. :) but overall I think it's a good place to go. You need to book way in advance though.

bellamina 11 yrs ago
How do you go about booking it lindala?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad