Internet Conection

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Lovepinoy 15 yrs ago
Hi,

I am in the process of moving into a new apartment, my previous had China Telecom as the internet provider.

I want to know if there are alternatives to the China Telecom as the speed is just so slow and as i am a major geek when it comes to online games i really need to find a faster connection.

Or maybe its the great wall of China (Firewall) is that is the case can anyone explain how to bypass that with a proxy or VPN... no other motive except games speed.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
shipcastshanghai 15 yrs ago
Hi Lovepinoy, just found this ,may be of interest to you !!!!!!!!

Description :

Brief Introduction:

1. High speed: current regular speed falls in 500kb/s to 1500kb/s.

2. Singal: available in vast area in more than 400 cities in mainland China. Even if somewhere the 3G singal is not available, but it will automatically switch to CDMA 1X. Somewhere WIFI exists, switch to WLAN.

3. Cost:

3.1 Option of package

3.1.1 Package type A: Prepay 600RMB,get 80 hours(shanghai) plus 20 hours(roaming in Mainland China) per calendar month for 6 months. Charge for over usage 0.1RMB/Min.

3.1.2 Package type B: Prepay 1,800RMB,get 200 hours(shanghai) plus 50 hours(roaming in Mainland China) per calendar month for 12 months. Charge for over usage 0.1RMB/Min.

3.1.3 Package type C: Prepay 1,200RMB,get 60 hours (roaming free) per calendar month for 12 months. Charge for over usage 0.05RMB/Min.

3.1.4 Package type D: Prepay 2,400RMB,get 200 hours (roaming free) per calendar month for 12 months. Charge for over usage 0.1RMB/Min.

3.1.5 Package type E: Prepay 2,400RMB,get 2,400 hours(roaming free) with one year of valid period. REMARK: you can consume as many hours as you like in each month.

3.1.6 Package type F: Prepay 2,400RMB,get 300 hours(shanghai) per calendar month for 12 months. Charge for over usage or roaming 0.1RMB/Min.

3.1.7 Package type E: Prepay 100 RMB,get 16 hours and 40 mins (roaming free) with one year of valid period.

3.2 Additional charge: 450 RMB for USB wireless card.

4. Applicable for more than one computers (notebooks) in your family or company. ( it will need Router & network hub. We will quote based on your specific case.)

5. Service: Provide free pre-sale consultation & doorstep speed test and free after-sale service.

msnglnk 14 yrs ago
yes the "great firewall of china" slows and/or impedes net surfing. do a web search for "vpn" and buy a vpn it will insure your web surfing privacy. there are free ones but the ones you buy are much better. or you can go to this site http://www.personalvpn.com/index.php?mktsrc=shanghaiexpat

you can also try getting internet service from your satellite tv. a friend of mine has net service from his sat tv service. if you have sat tv check with your service provider about net service or you can contact shanghai satellite tv http://www.shanghaisatellite.com/

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad