New territories trip for tourists..any ideas!?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by qwerty123 15 yrs ago
hi i have some visitors coming who want to go to the NT to see whats there - he isnt into walking at all (they are about 60ish). They want to see some interesting sights...thinking about booking them a car to take them from place to place as taxis can be hard to find in some places...so anyone know of some good interesting sights to see out in NT - the only thing i know is hill walking..!! your help is much appreciated!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cd 15 yrs ago
Monkey Mountain near Sha Tin, The Brass factory for some nice souvenirs, Brides Pool, a very short walk, The wishing tree, Lam tin walled village. Drive through Sek Kong up route twisk (?) and look at the view into China. None of these things take that long, a car would be a good idea, then they can stop for as long or short as they like. Drive back down the Sai Sha rd, to Sai kung, have some seafood.

funbobby 15 yrs ago
discoverhongkong has many guided tours available for all levels as well...this one sounds about right..

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/local-tours/day-land-between.html

maz27 15 yrs ago
Highly recommend the Land between tour through the above link. Its an early start from City Hall at 8.30am or otherwise pick up YWCA on Kowloon side at 9am. I have done it 3 times with some visitors and have sent clients on this trip too to see another side of Hong Kong (I do orientation tours for new expats).

The full day just means you have a shared table lunch at the end but since this is at the end of the tour I highly recommend taking some substantial snacks to keep you going until the late lunch. Water can be bought on route but there are no food stops.

There isnt too much walking around either so if you have visitors who arent particularly fit its not a problem.

Hope this helps.

Applepup 14 yrs ago
Sai Kung is a great option that you could do by public transport. Lots of lovely scenery along the way, fish tanks are interesting and lots of options for lunch. You could extend with a shopping stop somewhere if they'd like.

Tai Po has a great old historic train station museum that they might like, and it is quiet and relaxing. Nearby is an authentic local market street, all within a short walk from the (present day) train station. You could extend with a stroll through Tai Po Waterfront park (take a taxi there).

rasbro 14 yrs ago
also close to the walled city is the "tree house" in kam tin... others here:

http://www.gohk.gov.hk/eng/welcome/index.html

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad