H&M and Jimmy Choo

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Maddiee 14 yrs ago
So, just out of curiousity, did anyone actually made it in to the section and bought anything from the line?

I was in China unfortunately and wasn't in HK for the release date...but i won't have gone cause of the crazyness, pushing and shoving there probably was alot of.

If anyone got anything, how is the prices and the quality of the pieces??

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Shoe Girl 14 yrs ago
Maddiee, I went to HM late Saturday morning. There were so many people queuing that I just turned around and left. I head that some people waited for more than 5 hours, which I think is ridiculous.

Starbucks2 14 yrs ago
Sounds a lot like when they opened and had the trashy Madonna designed collection. People went mad!

Chances of finding anything in your size after waiting 4 - 5 hours? I expect, very slim.

Maddiee 14 yrs ago
wow! 4-5hr wait?!?!

I was disappointed after seeing Madonna's collect, which is why i'm wondering if anyone actually got their hands of any of the pieces.

I highly doubt there is anything left, and chances are waaayyy slimmer in regards to finding your size!

I thought about dropping by today, but I having second thoughts!

sistim 14 yrs ago
All this for shoes?!

sleepnaked 14 yrs ago
The thing I don't understand is.

Would you buy a pair of shoes for HK$200 in Shenzhen with Jimmy Choo written on them ? Probably not because you'd assume they are fake right so not designed by him ??

If you are paying HK$5,500 for the Jimmy Choo design in a legitimate shop, you have to assume the shoes are made in China anyway. So you are paying HK$5,300 for the Jimmy Choo design.

If you can go to H&M and pay HK$800-1000 for Jimmy Choo shoes designed by him and made in China like all the others .. why would you ever go back and spend HK$5,500 on his shoes ever again ??

Surely it's commercial suicide by Mr Choo ?? (Aside from the US$10m he got for putting his name to it of course)

Maddiee 14 yrs ago
well i'm sure when you're paying $5k compared to the $800-$1000 at h&m, the quality is different. This just gives other people a chance to own a pair of Jimmy Choo's. I highly doubt that this is "commercial suicide" for the company, it's was a highly successful marketing to reach a different section of the market.

juanfdezdc 14 yrs ago
does anyone knows if the jimmy choo apparels went also on sale in the H&M of Shenzhen?

sleepnaked 14 yrs ago
Maddiee ... That's like buying a HK$200K Ferrari .. look everyone I've got a Ferrari but it's a cheap version from the H&M Ferrari range I couldn't afford the one with the Ferrari engine. Some designer products need to be expensive.. LV, Breitling, Tag Huer etc.

Saying that Porsche brought out the Boxter and the Cayenne, sort of a poor man's Porsche, people have said that was a bad move by them.

I think cars are different, shoes are made of leather and cardboard, there can't be a great deal of difference in quality not HK$4,200 worth anyway.

Maddiee 14 yrs ago
people lined up for 4-5hrs for it and now people have jacked up the price selling it on ebay and other online stores. I think there are some people out there that will even buy this stuff for $3000-$4000.

If there's a market, things will sell. If there's people with that kind of money that will buy the brand, there's no such thing as "commercial suicide". Jimmy Choo and H&M gain regardless.

Luxury brands now make ready to wear items that are geared toward people who can't afford their $10k shoes/handbags/clothes. It's all for profit. People are buying the brand. They can't afford the more expensive, nice leather bag, they'll buy the patent leather for a cheaper price, so brands cater to that bracket of people to. So what if people think it's a bad move, profit is still in their pocket.

I'm not one of those people that lined up just to buy the jimmy choo's. to me that's utterly ridiculous to waste my time to buy a lower end version of the brand. as a consumer, if i had the money and wanted the prestige, i'd go to the jimmy choo store to buy it. but in regards to a company's point of view, this was just marketing.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad