Lost wallet on NWFB bus 66

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Riceman 14 yrs ago
i don't want to be a wet blanket and hope there was nothing irreplaceable inside but the chances of you getting the wallet back is nothing short of remote and the chances of finding the contents intact if you do get your wallet back is less than seeing rocking horse poo.

yes pain in the bum but more importantly have you made all the necessary calls such as to credit card companies, reported it missing to the police and etc?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Digital Blonde 14 yrs ago
Pretty unlikely I'd say and what a pain. Though I dropped my wallet once, at the aberdeen marina (not in the club, but in the marina). The guy who found it checked my ID card, and recognised me.

Anyway he asked me if it was mine and gave it back along with his business card. So I sent him a follow up email thanking him for helping me avoid the nightmare, because it also had my only set of keys

He quoted me a statistic in Japan, something like 60 per cent of all wallets found are returned, and said it was his obligation to hand it in. To which I responded, god I'm lucky the one guy who found my wallet knows that statistic.

Anyway I vowed after that to be far less pessimistic and have more faith in people. Which I admit, I don't always live up to.

Digital Blonde 14 yrs ago
That is very good of you. The guy would have had more chance having his wallet back with a couple of grand in cash, then a voucher for free booze had it been me!!!

few weeks or months after I had my wallet returned, I found a Rolex in the gym, in the locker, someone had left it in there I'll bet the guy who got it back, if he ever worked out who handed it in, and managed to speak to me, I'll bet he would be thanking his lucky stars the guy who found his watch knew that Japan statistic.

Not that I would ever dream of ever wearing someone else's watch, no matter how nice it was.

I may be a little cynical, but certainly after my experience, If I ever find anything that has been obviously lost, I most certainly will hand it in or try and return it.

Cucaracha 14 yrs ago
Although it is the law in Hong Kong to always carry one's HKID, after losing my wallet 3 times to pickpockets -- I know how unbelievable that sounds but it's true -- I now carry a photocopy of my ID when I'm just out and about.

By the way, I'm sorry you didn't get your wallet back. I would not have been entirely surprised, however, had someone returned it. Hongkongers are basically pretty honest.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad