How to handle this with my daughter (6 years old)

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by meiji 14 yrs ago
This is all new to me. My daughter is now 6 years old, always been in a co-ed school. But now, this term, she is in a new school, very happy, and I recently found out that boys are kissing her, and she is very physical with them. Too physical. She hugs, and doesn't protest when boys from her class kiss her....

I know it's not harmful, it's Kids. But somehow, I feel it's inappropriate behaviour to display at school, and in the classroom.

I also worry, at this young age, my daughter is like this, what am I going to do when she's teenager? Does it signify any direction she seems to be leaning towards or seem susceptible to ?

I am so flustered, I don't want to over-react and then she might never tell me anything about her day, but when I hear this, I am really shocked, and it seems she is the ONLY one that is like that in her class!

help!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
michelley 14 yrs ago
As innocent as it may seem, i think you really need to do something about this.

First thing I would do is to alert her class teacher without overreacting just so she is aware of the situation and so she can help stop it when it occurs. Also mention to the teacher to not make a big deal out of the matter so that your daughter doesn't get embarrassed.

Second, I would definately have a talk with your daughter. It's time to teach her basics of sex education to protect herself. Simple things she should know about to protect herself. Like her body being private and that she should allow people to get close to her in such a way. Also, she should learn that kisses are reserved for family ONLY.

Good luck!

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad