Dishonest seller

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by GemmaW 14 yrs ago
Hi Ed,

Please ban a seller by the name of "mono" from ever advertising on Asiaxpat.

She recently sold a stroller for $1500 claiming it was 4 months old and used only on holidays and claimed that the cost of a new one was HK$3500.

When her driver dropped off the stroller, we found it to be very old, BROKEN, some parts missing (you have to compared to a new one to notice) and stained. A check in Bebedream store proved that a new one would cost only $1780.

She switched off her mobile and refused to take calls to discuss. She promised to take it back today (Saturday) but all attempts to call her the last 4 days failed... and today, she just switched off her mobile.

Let's stop her from ever cheating others again from false advertisements.

She also took off her ad on asiaxpat, days ago probaby because she knew she was dishonest.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Syed_Scorpio 14 yrs ago
Bad Luck

next time do your price research before buying anything and if condition was unacceptable then don't accept the goods.

as simple as that.

GemmaW 14 yrs ago
Yep, a hard lesson learnt and now sharing.

JMNFS 10 yrs ago
Hi All,

Beware of seller (Cherry - her post 7669CC10-59D5-47A2-AEEB-FEDD5C895222)!!! Her advertisement reads

"Medela Pump in Style Advanced

In great condition, used for less than 6 months. Letting go at $1400."

When I contacted her, the questions that I asked and answers I got were:

1. Where was this item purchased? Ans: US 6 months ago hence warranty not in HK.

2. How long have you used this product? Ans: Only a few times and twins 3 months old.

3. What is the condition of product? Ans: Excellent working condition.

We agreed to meet up at CWB to transact but was not able to test the product. You can blame me for being stupid for trusting this HK seller who claimed that everything was in working order. I assumed that as both of us were new mothers, there should be no need to cheat one another.

When I got home, I realised that not only did she give me the incorrect Medela tubing (which is an integral part to use the product), the motor has been tampered with. When I tried to call her, she refused to answer my calls. When I tried to what's app her to arrange for a return and refund, she said no way to a refund because:

- this item was sold to her on Asiaxpat by a seller who did not tell her that it was faulty

- after repairing the item, it was working fine

- it is not her fault that this item is faulty because she is not the original seller

- she did not know if the item was really purchased in US 6 months ago because she just repeated what the other seller told her.

Seriously what sort of bullshit is this?!

I have paid the money for a product that can no longer be used.

Very disappointed that someone who claims to be a mother to newborn twins can have the conscience to go all out to cheat another newborn mother.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad