Brazilian Waxing experience

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by sumie4114 13 yrs ago
Hi,

I don't really write forums, but I really would like to share my experience with everybody here.

I planed to have a short holiday in Thailand for last weekend, so i would like to get a brazilian wax done before that.

Usually, i go to "Nude waxing", but it was fully book last Thursday, so I decided to go to other shop in Central to get it done. I chose "the feel good factor", when i call and made the reservation, i requested a senior therapist, you know if someone has not enough experience it hurts you.

ok, when i arrived, the senior therapist showed me to the room and she just stood there. so i asked: "should i just take off my pants now?" she was just standing there and waited for me to take off my pants!! so awkward.

And they totally have hygiene problems:

- they don't provide wet wipes to clients to clean the area & don't even clean it for you before the treatment

- she just started after i lie down on bed, but no groves, no face mask. but that area hasn't been cleaned!!

- since she didn't wear groves, she didn't really want to touch my underneath, she just pressed the outside area, it made me so painful. to be honest, i don't think she knows how to do it correctly!

And the main problem is I wanted to get a all off waxing, but there were so much hair didn't remove!!!

they charge not cheap, but provide this service, i am really disappointed! I will not go back there anymore!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
mikina 13 yrs ago
Hi, i use to go to nude then i found spabpz. I have been living Hongkong from last two years. They are the best in waxing . No is 25241272.

witches 13 yrs ago
That's just not acceptable. Poor you !!! OMG..... no gloves.....

To be honest, I always recommend that we should try to consult those aestheticians with proper licences. Unfortunately, there is no such licensing requirement here in Hong Kong. I have suggested a US licensed aesthetician to some persons here. Enjoy treatments ... but by properly licensed ones not just any one who wears a white or pink coat...

Share the following article with you. Read Note 3 on the licensing requirement in the US. Why not in Hong Kong....

Bikini Waxing Safety

Posted: April 17, 2009

The recent buzz about a potential ban on Brazilian bikini waxing in New Jersey is giving bikini waxing a bad rap. There is a lot of conflicting and incorrect information that has been circulating resulting many to fear getting a Brazilian or even a basic bikini wax. Based on many years in the beauty world as a hair removal expert, Shobha knows just how critical it is for all those undergoing a waxing treatment to be aware of the necessary steps to have a rewarding and safe experience.

Shobha Tummala, founder and CEO, wholeheartedly believes in this level of awareness, "We provide our clients with a list of precautions prior to receiving any treatments. In fact, we inform people that waxing can cause minor bumps, rashes, etc. - more specifically, it can potentially result in the temporary enlargement of hair follicles that can allow bacteria, normally residing on the skin, to enter the follicles and cause superficial or deep skin infections. So, it is extremely important to follow strict hygienic practices during the waxing treatment as well as the first 48 hours after the treatment."

Pre-treatment

1.Sanitize your spa. Similar to preventing infection during a manicure or pedicure, waxing facilities must be clean and strict sanitary processes must be followed to provide uncontaminated supplies, eliminating the potential for infection during the treatment process. Use clean, disposable implements or hospital-grade disinfectant for any tools that are reused.

2.Steer clear of double dipping.The nauseating truth is that double-dipping is common practice in wax application. This method uses the same spatula for the entire treatment, re-dipping the used applicator back into the vat of wax. This contaminated wax is then reused for treatments on other individuals. Unfortunately, this technique can increase the chances of potentially harmful bacteria spreading from one client to another, which is particularly disturbing when dealing with the bikini zone. Make sure your spa is following no double dip guidelines for all sugaring and waxing treatments. If your facility does not offer such a policy, allow clients to request a new can of wax at the start of their treatments to avoid contaminated supplies that have been used on other clients.

3.License your professionals. By law, wax practitioners must be licensed with the state to perform professional treatments. This license should be displayed in the place of work. For New York State, you can check online to make sure your practitioner is current with his/her paperwork online. Check out your state's rules.

4.Advice clients to be menstruation-free. Generally, it is best for clients to get a bikini wax at least a few days before or after their periods. The closer the treatment is to the actual period, the more sensitive the body becomes because the immune system is lowered, making it more susceptible to infection.

5.Give patch tests Before providing a full treatment, if the client has never waxed previously, it is best to try a small area (known as a patch test) first. Wait 48 hours between the test and full treatment to see if the client has any adverse reactions.

Aftercare

1.Advise client to be comfortable. The bikini area is one of the most sensitive parts of the body. Tell clients to wear loose, comfortable clothing after treatments to avoid irritation caused by friction or rubbing.

2.Expect to be sensitive.For 48 hours after the treatment, the area will be more sensitive than usual. Advise clients to apply cold compresses and an anti-inflammatory cream, such as hydrocortisone, if the skin is especially tender.

3.Use warm water. Ask clients to hold off on taking hot baths for at least two hours, but they should bathe after waxing to further clean the area. They should resist the sauna and steam room for at least 48 hours.

4.Clients should abstain from sex. Medical experts recommend waiting 48 hours after any type of bikini wax before engaging in sex. This time period is when your body can be most susceptible to outside bacteria, which can potentially cause an infection. For the client's safety and health, it is better to abstain, but is not required. It is really a personal choice, so just ask clients to keep in mind that the skin does need some time to recover.

5.Client should avoid UV rays. Steer clear of tanning beds and sunbathing for at least 48 hours, and always where sun protection.

6.Clients should watch out for acidic products. Clients need to refrain from the use of any products containing acid, such as alpha hydroxy, glycolic acid and salicylic acid, for 48 hours. Acids, although helpful for exfoliating the skin and helping prevent bumps and ingrown hairs after hair removal, can be irritating to the skin during the first 48 hours, since the waxing process already exfoliates the top layers of skin during the treatment.

3jundo3 13 yrs ago
strip on lydhurst is good - but the most painless one that i've tried is beauty wave, also in central

JeniferKatich 13 yrs ago
Next time do what i do. Do it at home using a hair removal cream like crotex. It does a wonderful job of getting rid of unwanted hair permanently.

muimuims 13 yrs ago
Yessss!!! I found a great place to do my waxing in TST! Going to central all the time was a pain since I live and work in Kowloon. It's a small place in a mall next to Chungking mansion. Believe me even though it's a small place but beautifully decorated, they were so clean in every thing they do,not to forget gloves n mask!! And most important of all-my waxing experience was great!! I was shocked to find such a good wax place in Kowloon, and also it's little bit cheaper than central :) I don't exactly remember the name of the shop but here is their number for you ladies: 27396099 Happy waxing!! :D

AvalonTile 12 yrs ago
The place is called Glitz & Glam. Thank you for the review. I tried it; it was my first. Sumi is super nice and very professional, even though her place is tiny. Clean, masks, gloves, quick work. Address is room 269-271, 2/f, 36-44 Nathan Road, Chungking Express, Tsim Sha Tsui. She also does nails. Call for appointment: 9868-7592 or 2739-6099. First time Brazilian is $250. Serious good deal.

nelwil 11 yrs ago
I know Sumi!! Is she the one that used to work at nude waxing? good to know where she is!!

giggling_gal 10 yrs ago
Thank you so much for sharing. Central is often up-marketed but there are other places doing a great job too.

I regret not going to the health club on top of the Sheraton Hotel in TST. I had a couple of bikini/Brazilian waxes performed there, regardless first time, and my skin was alright and I was happy with the shape. The salon, hygiene, service and professionalism were of high standards...but of course the price tag is a bit above average.

Anno 2014, I had a Brazilian done at NU last week because of reading a press review (see, even online magazines are not the best word-of-mouth) and location (close from work) but the quality of the wax is so-so and am experiencing discomfort. So have to air it with regular cold mellow shower streams and wearing airy undergarments.

I'm also not happy with the shape so ended up trimming here and there, and gotta wait once recovered from the redness to perform another strip for a prettier shape.

So thanks for sharing Sumi's contact, but paying a little more for quality ain't a bad idea after my learned lesson. Ciao!

muimuims 10 yrs ago
NELWIL Yes, that's her indeed! I asked her work background and she mentioned Nude! Sorry for this late response (:

Ching1982 10 yrs ago
Bingo from "nude" also moved salon! She is now at Lavar Hair Removal, near Lan Kwai Fong. So happy to finally find her again!!

jackyk17 10 yrs ago
I've been to Nude Boutique three times- twice at M88 in Central and once in CWB. The beauty therapists there are friendly, speak good English (actually one of them was from the UK so I actually felt like I was talking to a friend while I was getting waxed :p) and very hygienic as in both the environment and the therapists. I wouldn't be let down on this choice. Cheers

momich 9 yrs ago
I would like to know whether it is necessary to tip the aesthetician who did the waxing?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad