Fake ERGObaby carrier

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by mithai 12 yrs ago
There is a seller selling fake ergobaby on the classifieds. The ad goes like this

Ergo Original baby carrier

•Collection: Ergobaby Original

•Carrier body: 100% cotton canvas

•Carrier lining: 100% cotton poplin

•Carrier weight: 1.52 lbs / 690 grams

•Sleeping Hood: Integrated, 100% cotton poplin with elastic edging and snap-to-strap attach. Supports baby’s head while sleeping and protects from sun and wind. Adjusts in length with 5 snap levels for growth of baby.

•Shoulder straps: Padded with 1” high-density premium foam, expanding from 24” to 45”

•Waist strap: Padded with 1/4” high-density EVA foam, expanding from 26” to 49”

•Chest strap: Sliding adjustment

•Fill: 100% cotton batting in body of carrier to soften edges

•Small zippered stuff pouch, doubles as Sleeping Hood storage

•Large zippered storage pocket holds your wallet, keys, and mobile phone

Beige color

$500

Contact Ergo carrier

District Midlevels Central

Posted Aug. 1, 12

I bought from this person had some doubts and emailed ergo baby as following

I just bought a carrier from someone on out local classifieds. Its a camel colored carrier in original. Its serial number is BC5S EBC2010073058. The things that are making me doubt are that

1. there is no 'stealth' written on the buckle

2. the hood straps are very long (with 5 male snaps and 5 female snaps) and loops through D ring on shoulder strap

3. The care instruction is just in english on the inside of the waistband.

Can you pls confirm wheather it is genuine.

Regards

And this is the reply I got.

Thank you for contacting ERGObaby.

So sorry to tell you, your carrier is counterfeit.

Thank you for your interest in ERGObaby.

Sincerely,

Brandy

Brandy

Customer Service Support

Ergobaby

That person took it back but was adamant abt it being genuine and blamed me for not knowing how to use it. As soon as I retuned the Ad was back on asiaxpat.

Ed, please ban this user.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 12 yrs ago
Thanks. Will do

youngbayang 11 yrs ago
I think this seller is still selling it with similar ad. I also just found another fake Ergobaby the ad goes like this:

"Official description: "The Ergobaby Designer Collection Carrier pairs the comfort, versatility, and convenience of Ergobaby carriers with the sophisticated prints of Petunia Pickle Bottom®. The carrier has a 100% organic cotton body and lining and is GOTS certified. Like all Ergobaby carriers, the padded shoulder straps and waist belt comfortably distribute baby’s weight between your shoulders and hips. The carrier holds and cradles your baby just the way you do, with your baby’s legs properly supported in a natural sitting position."

Interested buyers may leave message and pick up at Kowloon Tong, Admiralty or Central MTR station."

I have checked the serial number with the official ergo cust service and they said it is counterfeit.

Thanks

bride777 10 yrs ago
I'm just reading this and I bought one from her a year ago I think and I know its fake as it the seams are falling apart! An ergo does not fall apart! Sad to know I paid money for it

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad