Two kids - double stroller necessary?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by AaliyahM 11 yrs ago
Hi, I'm due to give birth soon and my toddler will only be 2 at the time.

I'm just wondering whether a double stroller is necessary? If so, which brand would you recommend?

If you think a single stroller is enough, which brand's good?

The combi stroller I have is giving way and won't last another year. We've used it for 10 years already. I'm thinking a sturdier stroller. Combi is light weight and great for outings but they are too flimsy if you want to push it down escalators.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
chykeman 11 yrs ago
I think it depends on how much walking you do. I would say yes, and for HK a small light weight type would be ideal (P&T or BJ city select). A lot of parents make do with a carrier (ergo or bjorn) and then a single stroller. I have a large double stroller that is super comfortable for the children but much too bulky for HK. I am using it mostly for long strolls in the NT areas of HK and picnics.

Slammy 11 yrs ago
I have a double stroller, the Kinderwagon Hop which I got wholesale, only cost $1300. It's quite compact, folds like an umbrella stroller, not too heavy. I find it very useful for both my kids. I live in the "city", which is why I chose this one over something like the Phil n Teds, which is wider.

lagrue 11 yrs ago
I have both.

A stroller with a buggy board and a double stroller. I never use the double stroller in HK as its too masive and I just can't get around easily with it (I'm on HK island side). I'm ok with the single stroller and buggy board (prev just single stroller and baby carrier).

The double stroller I use exclusively for trips outside of HK to Europe, US and Australia, place where tey are disabled and baby friendly with wide footpaths, lifts ect

Hop 8 yrs ago
Kinderwagon has the strollers specially for 2 kids. The Hop is really good and after using it, it really ease myself. No stress to bring the kids out. You can find it on FB easily.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad