Young expat family in Sai Kung / CWB

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Kemster78 11 yrs ago
Hi there everyone,

I know there are plenty of discussion threads on Sai Kung /CWB/ Silverstrand but I hope someone can help as after reading all the threads i am a little overwhelmed.

My family (young couple with a 3 year old daughter and soon to arrive Twin boys) are due to move to Hong Kong at end of April 2013 from Singapore. We are originally from the UK and have lived in Bangkok and Singapore for 5 years combined. We are pretty excited about Sai Kung /CWB/ Silverstrand as where to settle the family for obvious reasons. However after several visits and endless searches we (actually me) don't feel any clearer on the best places to live for a young expatriate family.

We have visited several condominiums / apartments and even villages and I haven't seen many expatriate families around whenever we visit, I know there are plenty but it just happens not when we are around. I think it's so important that we settle where there is a mixture of people not solely expats nor locals. Especially as a young mother I really would hope I can reach out to others in the same situation and not feel too isolated. Also we have to consider schooling for our little one and would like a preschool within easy reach with a diverse group of kids.

We have viewed Case Bella in Sai kung and keen to know what others know about this as a place to settle with a young family.

Also if anyone has any other recommendations in terms of condos/ apartments or villages with a good community feel (offers good networking for new mums, playgroup meetings, good preschools nearby, friendly neighbourhood etc...) oh, we don't have a high ceiling budget either looking at HK$50k for 3-4 bed.

Really welcome your help!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
hkwaffle 11 yrs ago
My advice is always to choose a school first - or be prepared to move in a year or two when your daughter starts primary.

TaraCB 11 yrs ago

howilee 11 yrs ago
Sai Kung and Clear Water Bay have a good mix of locals as well as expats, but because most are houses rather than a few towers with hundreds of flats all sharing a common lobby, people are more spread out. What a lot of expatriates look for in Sai Kung compared to HK Island is more space for your dollar. Sai Kung and Clear Water Bay is more spread out but still maintains a small enough community where you can easily meet people at the supermarket, the coffee shop, or the beach. Casa Bella is low rise apartments in a nice enclosed little gated community with a good common swimming pool. Unless you get a ground floor unit, you don't get your own outdoor space. Other suggestions would be some of the village houses for more space. Tai Hang Hau or Sheung Sze Wan both have a good expat community and if need be, some school buses drive right down into these villages. As I have lived in this area for many years, feel free to give me an email howard.lee@ap.jll.com if you have any questions or would like more information of the housing and schooling in the Sai Kung areas.

Kemster78 11 yrs ago
Hi Howilee,

Thanks for the tips on the two mentioned villages exactly the type of pointers we need to help focus our search or at least give us somewhere to start looking. I will message you as well.

Kevy 11 yrs ago
Hi there, I've just moved into Mok Tse Che Village and researching on what to do around the area etc. I know I saw this discussion late but just curious as to where you chose in the end.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad