You Shall Not Post! (flyers, bills, advertisements everywhere!)

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Applepup 11 yrs ago
Hate that real estate agents and electronic repair people etc are putting paper flyers and stickers on anything that doesn't move in my neighbourhood. Bus stops, railings, lamp posts, they stick them everywhere - such a mess! Aside from taking them down, what can be done? Any ideas?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Lucane01 11 yrs ago
What can be done?

Realize that your crusade is futile and that you cannot change a culture.

Applepup 11 yrs ago
A culture Lucane01? Actually this is relatively new, people didn't use to advertise in this way. I don't agree it is "culture" and everyone should put up with rubbish everywhere, even if it is hard to stop.

Lucane01 11 yrs ago
Granted I don't know what it was like in HK 30 years ago regarding this issue, but if you look at any old street you'll find the sky blotted out by a maze of signs stretching across the span. Would not surprise me if they were advertising on posts and empty walls too. Old HKers dry their clothes on public fences and drape them over bushes. In China every wall is plastered with phone numbers and locksmiths.

I'm not intending to be rude with what I said. I do not think there is anything that can literally be done to sizably reduce this practice. Yes you can have small victories here and there but that won't stop everyone - and it only takes one guy one night to fill up a street with signs.

Applepup 11 yrs ago
What you say is true, but it is the people who care that change things. Starfish and all that. I'll start with where I live and do what I can.

joanneinnyc 11 yrs ago
just clean it up! Sometimes I did see cleaners scratch those paper and stickers off...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad