Renewing UK passport in HK - Documents

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by sweetgigishanghai 11 yrs ago
Dear all

I urgently needs to renew my UK passport in HK. I'm living in Shanghai and been on the website, printed out the form and noticed that I need to provide them with my birth certificate, wedding certificate of my parents (original) etc. Just to renew ??

Furthermore, it can take up to 6 weeks to get it delivered...Did anyone recently renew his and can tell me the documents he provided ? and how long did it take ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
sweetgigishanghai 11 yrs ago
Hi Malka

Thanks for your reply.

I've already contacted the Shanghai British Consulate which directed me to the HK one...I tried to call several times and when i finally reached someone they asked me to call directly the UK office ...That's why i'm asking some feedback here

Regarding the documents, nothing is clear, one of my friend renewed it 2 years ago with only his passport and photos but when i have a look at the website, its another story !! Again im just trying to get some more info and to know if some people recently renewed theirs

Cheers

Brit 11 yrs ago
hi -I did mine in December and it took about two to three weeks. I also did one for my daughter and it took about the same. As far as the documents i think there was not too much required if you are renewing but i can't be sure....

Stella Cristina 10 yrs ago
Yes at times we are asked to show documents regarding our birth details to renew UK passport. This site has brief information regarding British Passport which helped me in applying for passport. http://www.lifeinukthetest.com/guides/applying-for-british-passport.aspx

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad