Advice regarding to the new recruits

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by lindakids 10 yrs ago
Is its possible to hire a domestic helper as a clerk to a company ? i know that i cant use her to my office work while she is working under DH category .. but if she got resign for that job ,, can i recruit her as a clerk for 2 years fixed term contact ? i have resident visa and i own the company.. this girl which i want to recruit is a srilankan ,,,

any advise will be really helpful thanks..........

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 10 yrs ago
This is not allowed

lindakids 10 yrs ago
Hi ed thank you very much for the reply .. appreciate if you could explain it ,,, you mean i cant hire a foreigner as a clerk to my business ?

Ed 10 yrs ago
You would have to demonstrate to the HK government that you cannot find a local person to fill the position i.e. you can't just hire her and start paying her salary....

I think that will be next to impossible to get a work visa for a person as this is not a job that would be difficult to fill locally.

lindakids 10 yrs ago
Thank you very much ed ,,, your right... checked with the immigration too , i can have a try but as you said i dont have any explanations that why i can not have a local for this position ,,, :( ... thank you for the advise ,,,

weirlaw 10 yrs ago
The answer is that it would be extremely difficult to properly gain this goal. The visa would be determined on criteria such as her academic capabilities, job position applied for and salary. Unless it can be determined that such position cannot be filled by a Hong Kong local, it would be a difficult application. However, if you believe there are reasons to the contrary and can satisfy such requirements we would advise you to seek professional advice as the application would need to be prepared by experienced professionals as to avoid initial rejection and a “bad record”. She cannot work as a clerk under her current visa.

Weir & Associates

Solicitors and Notaries

16th Floor Tak Shing House

20 Des Voeux Road Central

Central

Hong Kong

Tel : 2526-1767

Fax : 2868-3568

Email : WeirLaw@WeirandAssociates.com

www.WeirandAssociates.com

< Back to main category